By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If the 360 can't do graphics like the PS3, HOW can it do THIS?

selnor said:
The recent threads you refer to, have been proven yers old images or fanboy BS. The pure fact we have seen CryEngine 3 run side by side on PS3 and 360 and are basically identical shows the 360 is a very capable machine. I always said that there woud be nothing in it between them. And there isn't.

CryEngine 3 latest showing at Cologne showed just how far ahead of any Console engine out there. Also it was confirmed it's the only engine on console where everything runs in realtime. Even KZ2 was confirmed to have tricks involved and not all realtime. So look at the facts and make your own mind up. I'm getting the best of both worlds. :)

KZ2 had tricks? Confirmed?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
selnor said:
The recent threads you refer to, have been proven yers old images or fanboy BS. The pure fact we have seen CryEngine 3 run side by side on PS3 and 360 and are basically identical shows the 360 is a very capable machine. I always said that there woud be nothing in it between them. And there isn't.

CryEngine 3 latest showing at Cologne showed just how far ahead of any Console engine out there. Also it was confirmed it's the only engine on console where everything runs in realtime. Even KZ2 was confirmed to have tricks involved and not all realtime. So look at the facts and make your own mind up. I'm getting the best of both worlds. :)

Yeah Crytek outright said they are the only engine running on consoles that are fully realtime. No tricks involved. It's in the GDC presentation in front of everyone including KZ2 devs in the thread here on VGChartz called ' Cryengine 3 new video '

Kudos for Motorsport 3 it's impressive, but in my opinion Gran Turismo 5 just looks better.

It always did.

selnor said:
COKTOE said:
selnor said:

Yeah Crytek outright said they are the only engine running on consoles that are fully realtime. No tricks involved. It's in the GDC presentation in front of everyone including KZ2 devs in the thread here on VGChartz called ' Cryengine 3 new video '

Hmmmm. Interesting. I didn't know non-realtime stuff was present in KZ2.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

JerCotter7 said:
Wow zen. Most games look better on xbox360? They all look the same right now. When the ps3 came out they multi plats were better on 360 yeah. But now they look pretty much the same on both consoles. And I won't comment about 360 exclusives since I don't really know of any that have great graphics. Don't like gears 2. Looks pretty much the same as gears and UT3. God I loved gears. Even with all its bugs that game with split screen online was the best.

So, what you're saying is that most multiplats aren't superior on one console or another, and the differences are so small, that most people can't tell.

What I'm saying is that in most head to head multiplat comparisons, the 360 usually wins, and even if the average person couldn't tell, the difference is still there, usually in resolution.

We're both right.

However, my statements were used to prove a point. You can't complain about multiplats as a PS3 owner, being held back by the 360, without complaining about the same thing happening on the 360.

Anyway, as far as most multiplats being better on the 360, are you saying you've never heard of that, or are you just implying that it doesn't matter, because the differences are small anyway?

Maybe you missed the Ghostbusters game, or the fact that Tales of Vesperia comes in at a lower rez on the PS3, or the Bayonetta controversy, or the Dragon's Age delay, or the 8/10 new games that somehow are still slightly inferior graphically on the PS3. This is still happening. It's not over, and I don't know why you would assume it was.

Is it over? Do you think that?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Aren't racing games much easier to be made to look nice than any other genre?
I was thinking about this earlier, and really there is no "best graphical game ever", there is only "best graphics for a genre".

One thing for sure though, on release.... Forza 3 will be the best looking RACING game on consoles.

I think the only reason someone would assume that, is if they were looking for a way to help themselves understand how Forza 3 could match KZ2 graphically.

I mean, there must be SOMETHING to explain it.

I bet no one would assume that one if Forza 3 didn't exist, and GT5 was competing against the 360 graphically, solo.

We'd here, "Did you SEE GT5, you just CAN'T do that deep graphical quality without the cell" instead of "Aren't racing games much easer to be made to look nice than any other genre?" like FPS.

The answer is, no, they aren't.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

selnor said:
Aldro said:
Rickz0r said:
IMO The Ps3 is far more capable then the 360, games like Uncharted 2, GT5, God of War III and Heavy Rain prove this. It took the 360 a dang long time to reach Uncharted-like graphics.
/IMO

Not like I've tried many games but I so far I agree with this post. I would say it havent even exceeded Uncharted 1 graphics yet...

But that might just happen soon ^^.

These sorts of posts confuse me. I am soon to proudly own PS3 slim ( come on christmas, it's killing me ). But I have played alot of games extensively through HDMI. My opinion is Sony got good in graphics quick. But Gears 2 IMO beats UC 1 with ease. The only game out now that clearly beats 360 is KZ2. All others are under Gears 2 IMO. And looking to the horizon 360 is matching PS3 head to head. Theres a great Fanmade trailer of Heavy Rain and Alan Wake together in the video. Environments look better on Alan Wake and character models better on Heavy Rain. But it's still barely noticeable. Then theres Splinter Cell, Forza 3, Lost Planet 2, Assasins Creed 2 and CRYENGINE 3. CRYENGINE 3 looks better than all. And basically identical across both versions. with lighting better on 360 and pop in less on PS3.

There really is no difference. Just some devs concentrate on different graphical elements.

When you're speaking about Heavy Rain's enviroments, are you mentioning the outside or inside enviroments? Cause (IMO) the inside enviroments of Heavy Rain impress me alot more then Alan Wake's outside enviroments. (I'm not a fanboy on this, I will get Heavy Rain either on my 360, and maybe later on my High-End PC.)

Xbox360 is slightly INFERIOR to PS3

(see Unchartred 2)

also, technically, in motion : GT5 gfx > FM3 gfx
see videos or eurogamer preview

Time to Work !

I think what it comes down to is that the Playstation 3 has a higher max theoretical threshold for performance. That doesn't mean that utilization of the PS3 will outstrip the Xbox 360, merely that it has a higher threshold.

What it really comes down to is economics: Is it worth the extra cash for a more graphical game on a PS3? How much more would it cost? If a developer can't quantify if the extra graphics are worth it, then why would the threshold be usable?

But on the other end, if it's worth it, then the PS3 will inevitably have better graphics in the end.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Libellule started :p .
IMO Graphic wise.
UC=GeOW2>GeOW.
UC2> Everything but Forza 3
GT5>Forza 3