By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If the 360 can't do graphics like the PS3, HOW can it do THIS?

Hi you all

I keep reading that this game is downgraded and this game is cutted and stuff like this. This isn't true for BOTH consoles, BOTH consoles are capable of doing amazing games. Some multiplatform games are better in the 360 some are better in the PS3, that's all.

Speaking for the 360, if it can't do this and that how come it does this:

Around the Network

"Speaking for the 360, if it can't do this and that how come it does this"

It has magic dust inside. And only a certain few know how to use it.... SIGH

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

The recent threads you refer to, have been proven yers old images or fanboy BS. The pure fact we have seen CryEngine 3 run side by side on PS3 and 360 and are basically identical shows the 360 is a very capable machine. I always said that there woud be nothing in it between them. And there isn't.

CryEngine 3 latest showing at Cologne showed just how far ahead of any Console engine out there. Also it was confirmed it's the only engine on console where everything runs in realtime. Even KZ2 was confirmed to have tricks involved and not all realtime. So look at the facts and make your own mind up. I'm getting the best of both worlds. :)

1ST PIC= bullshot

I'm on my Wii. In about 10 minutes, this thread will be so full of HD pics, that this page will no longer load.

Around the Network

haha, the 360 is a very capable console, i really dont have an issue with their graphics.

jonnhytesta said:
1ST PIC= bullshot

Apart from resolution, Turn 10 have publicly confirmed that everything else is untouched. They dont touch up the game.

Here watch the game pause mid gameplay. You can instantly spin the camera. Unfortunately it's crappy cam quality. However the lighting looks even better than that pic now. 4:30s onward wow.

Black RL said:

Hi you all

I keep reading that this game is downgraded and this game is cutted and stuff like this. This isn't true for BOTH consoles, BOTH consoles are capable of doing amazing games. Some multiplatform games are better in the 360 some are better in the PS3, that's all.

Speaking for the 360, if it can't do this and that how come it does this:

Realistic ingame cars are not much of a big deal and does not prove anything. Look at gran turismo psp.  The ingame graphics are like ps 2.7 graphics.

Forza 3 does not prove the console is as capable as the playstation 3.

A little thing called "post processing."

jk they're practically the same...besides U2 and GT5.

selnor said:
The recent threads you refer to, have been proven yers old images or fanboy BS. The pure fact we have seen CryEngine 3 run side by side on PS3 and 360 and are basically identical shows the 360 is a very capable machine. I always said that there woud be nothing in it between them. And there isn't.

CryEngine 3 latest showing at Cologne showed just how far ahead of any Console engine out there. Also it was confirmed it's the only engine on console where everything runs in realtime. Even KZ2 was confirmed to have tricks involved and not all realtime. So look at the facts and make your own mind up. I'm getting the best of both worlds. :)

The showing of rain drops and water flowing in the burhing castle scene, where one of the Yerli brothers explained that they wanted to see the maximum pixel shader performance the PS3 can do, would be interesting to see on the Xbox360.

I'm curious to see if the Cell's computational power does help the PS3's GPU to outdo the XBox360's powerfull GPU/CPU combination.

There will be differences if you max everything, but in different areas, showing off the different strenghts of the two machines.

In the CryEngine 3 side-by-side demo, the interiors looked better on the XBox, and the exteriors on the PS3, but only in the details, or so it seamed to me.

There is another semy-graphic thing that could benefit from the computational advantage of the PS3, and that's physics (provided said computational advantage is not all consumed to offset the graphics performance disatvantage).

All the above, IMO.