By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apparently the wii is done in twelve months tops

So by September 2010 Wii is finished? Wasn't this the same group that promised as Wii HD by this year or was it next year. I believe they sayid Wii HD will be out by the third year of Wii's life.

Wait that wasn't invisible walls. Wait they did say was that Wii games need to sell 2 million to make a profit...that maid be lol when it happened.

Around the Network
psrock said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

I'm very for speaking your mind, just typically it's not done in an intelligent way, why go to a gaming media site if you get the same discussion on a forum with a 12 year old and why should these people get paid to do what they do?  And yes it's a younger medium, the media for gaming was a lot nicer back in the day though.  I actually remember reading magazines where everything didn't seem like a penis measuring contest. 

Generally how media changes through time, they start out very noble and try to cater to everyone, but when that becomes too hard they disolve that to trying to cause uproars, the more customers you get from causing a fuss the better, and thats the form of media most gaming press has turned into (generally) it's so bad that it's got some publishers and developers with their heads up their asses.

I think the NEWS media is far worse, it's so bad, The Daily show makes more sense than them. I seriously think they went too far on the Wii, but's a podcast, nothing really serious. Gametrailers has some terrific reviews and videos ad Still think we havesome terric resources and sites for gaming, look at this one.

Of course I make the best reviews ever! :P

But yeah TV news by a large part is driven by the ignorance of people, I've written many MANY English papers on this sort of thing, my teachers seem to enjoy them since I'm pretty passionate when it comes to the subject.  I really don't like it when any form of media comes off as being informative, helpful, and unbiased but you actually read into things and all they're doing is making news to get more people to read and in turn more money.  I for one give my time to a place that at least tries to be fair and balanced. 

IGN is probably the only large site I visit and even then I've done my homework on the staff so I know who writes good articles and who I'd rather shoot myself then read.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
psrock said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

I'm very for speaking your mind, just typically it's not done in an intelligent way, why go to a gaming media site if you get the same discussion on a forum with a 12 year old and why should these people get paid to do what they do?  And yes it's a younger medium, the media for gaming was a lot nicer back in the day though.  I actually remember reading magazines where everything didn't seem like a penis measuring contest. 

Generally how media changes through time, they start out very noble and try to cater to everyone, but when that becomes too hard they disolve that to trying to cause uproars, the more customers you get from causing a fuss the better, and thats the form of media most gaming press has turned into (generally) it's so bad that it's got some publishers and developers with their heads up their asses.

I think the NEWS media is far worse, it's so bad, The Daily show makes more sense than them. I seriously think they went too far on the Wii, but's a podcast, nothing really serious. Gametrailers has some terrific reviews and videos ad Still think we havesome terric resources and sites for gaming, look at this one.

But yeah TV news by a large part is driven by the ignorance of people, I've written many MANY English papers on this sort of thing, my teachers seem to enjoy them since I'm pretty passionate when it comes to the subject.  I really don't like it when any form of media comes off as being informative, helpful, and unbiased but you actually read into things and all they're doing is making news to get more people to read and in turn more money.  I for one give my time to a place that at least tries to be fair and balanced. 

IGN is probably the only large site I visit and even then I've done my homework on the staff so I know who writes good articles and who I'd rather shoot myself then read.

Craig Harris, Daemon Hatfield, and Hillary Goldstein go in the shooting category. Matt Cassamassina jumps in and out of both from time to time. He's ok with me.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Just listened to it. WOW. These are suppose to be grown men?  Seriously these are adults talking?

MaxwellGT2000 said:
psrock said:

Just stay away from reviewing God of War, then you can join the Super friends list with Monty.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

If I say it I am gonna get a whipping, but I am going to say it anyway. So I am going to take off my hat and all the little freaked out fanboys can wail on me all they like until they are blue in the face. Yes they are fucking right, and for those bitching about it you are fucking wrong. I think it really is time for people to pull their heads out of their asses.

The console is a one trick pony in a one developer town, and its a bad joke. Being played for the most part on the owners, and mind you I got a Wii when it launched. You thought you were going to see a new Nintendo, and all you got for your trouble is the same old Nintendo. Worse yet they haven't been terribly loyal to their original fans which have been left laying face down in the gutter.

They said it then and they were right. The Wii is a fad and it is a toy. That is why nobody is all that interested in talking about it on these forums. Even the owners just sit quietly at the back of the room. Ignoring the unpleasant truth that nobody cares anymore. The console is slumping, because the novelty is wearing off, and that is all it ever had was the novelty. It sure as shit never had a spectacular line up, or fantastic features out of the box. The only games that sell worth a damn are family games.

So yeah by the end of next year you will probably see the Wii selling well under the other two consoles on the market. Doesn't mean they will outsell the console in the end, but then again it will not really matter will it. The console will have just run out of steam and died. Not even being able to make it to the finish line. Not sure if that is a victory or not.

Anyway yeah I uttered the blasphemy. So do your worst. I could care less I gave up on Nintendo a while back, and frankly don't care to see another console from them ever again. I ain't bashing I am telling you how it is.

Somebody's been drinking tonight.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
RolStoppable said:
Just because the PS3 got a vasectomy, doesn't mean that it's all over for the Wii.

cmon man that was "below the belt" ^^. It was more of a liposuction that left a scar....but it'll be healed eventually.

Dodece said:
If I say it I am gonna get a whipping, but I am going to say it anyway. So I am going to take off my hat and all the little freaked out fanboys can wail on me all they like until they are blue in the face. Yes they are fucking right, and for those bitching about it you are fucking wrong. I think it really is time for people to pull their heads out of their asses.

The console is a one trick pony in a one developer town, and its a bad joke. Being played for the most part on the owners, and mind you I got a Wii when it launched. You thought you were going to see a new Nintendo, and all you got for your trouble is the same old Nintendo. Worse yet they haven't been terribly loyal to their original fans which have been left laying face down in the gutter.

They said it then and they were right. The Wii is a fad and it is a toy. That is why nobody is all that interested in talking about it on these forums. Even the owners just sit quietly at the back of the room. Ignoring the unpleasant truth that nobody cares anymore. The console is slumping, because the novelty is wearing off, and that is all it ever had was the novelty. It sure as shit never had a spectacular line up, or fantastic features out of the box. The only games that sell worth a damn are family games.

So yeah by the end of next year you will probably see the Wii selling well under the other two consoles on the market. Doesn't mean they will outsell the console in the end, but then again it will not really matter will it. The console will have just run out of steam and died. Not even being able to make it to the finish line. Not sure if that is a victory or not.

Anyway yeah I uttered the blasphemy. So do your worst. I could care less I gave up on Nintendo a while back, and frankly don't care to see another console from them ever again. I ain't bashing I am telling you how it is.

You almost had me with this, bravo good post!

Acevil said:

So by September 2010 Wii is finished? Wasn't this the same group that promised as Wii HD by this year or was it next year. I believe they sayid Wii HD will be out by the third year of Wii's life.

Wait that wasn't invisible walls. Wait they did say was that Wii games need to sell 2 million to make a profit...that maid be lol when it happened.

Their latest episode might have been revealing of how much out of touch they are with the market - I wouldn't call it any less professional than what they usually do - but they never made the claim in bold.

It was made by a guest - someone who worked on the Wanted game - and they were very surprised of that claim and even tried to steer him back into more reasonable numbers.

As for the latest episode, I can't understand the sudden commotion. Invisible Walls never was a place of attentive market analysis or deep critical thinking. It's a lineup of opinionated guys often going off into very self-absorbed rants about the Batman game they would like to see or what they play themselves with friends. The usual hosts are clearly representative of a certain type of gamers and have often shown their limited scope in the past.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman