By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apparently the wii is done in twelve months tops

The sooner the better.

Around the Network
Manos said:
The sooner the better.

Stop smoking your avatar.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

every smaller japanese and western developer object just as all big publishers. if the wii would end then:
say goodbye to pretty much all small console development studios that previously worked on ps2/xbox/gc games last gen,
say goodbye to many psp games since many of them are wii ports,
say goodbye to all niche games on a console,
say goodbye to Atlus games on consoles,
say goodbye to Suda51 games on consoles,
etc.

This generation is a weird one to watch. Has there ever been any other leading system in the history of video games that has been hated with an almost religious conviction like the Wii has experienced? So many people seem to want the Wii to die in a fire, despite the fact that it is the fastest selling console of all time. Instead, everyone rallies around a system that has a failure rate estimated to exceed 50%, and amalgamates the opposition into a single bloc, spinning the numbers every which way to try and show that the Wii is losing. All this while doing their best to ignore the fact that the Wii accounts for nearly half the entire market, and commands a 20+ million system lead over the second place system that grows every day.

If there are any psychology majors around, maybe you could make this into a case study for a term paper :P

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Kenny said:
This generation is a weird one to watch. Has there ever been any other leading system in the history of video games that has been hated with an almost religious conviction like the Wii has experienced? So many people seem to want the Wii to die in a fire, despite the fact that it is the fastest selling console of all time. Instead, everyone rallies around a system that has a failure rate estimated to exceed 50%, and amalgamates the opposition into a single bloc, spinning the numbers every which way to try and show that the Wii is losing. All this while doing their best to ignore the fact that the Wii accounts for nearly half the entire market, and commands a 20+ million system lead over the second place system that grows every day.

If there are any psychology majors around, maybe you could make this into a case study for a term paper :P

No need; I can tell you that it's a common affliction called "immaturity".

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-screwattack/54700
well if you could put a bag with "playstation 3" on the wii.....

Kenny said:

Yeah. It's simply absurd.

I thaught the wii brought a new industry with new ways of innovation and gaming. It did that. This 'hardcore' (I know - just using it for a lack of a better word) crowd is acting like the wii ran over their grandma. The PS1 and PS2 expanded the industry too but never got this kind of hate.

Maybe it just proves that the VG industry needs to be more mature, because some (children/boys) in it can't stand the idea that all people can game. I mean come on. If your "enjoyment of gaming" depends on who (and who doens't) plays games instead of the games/fun themselves, then you're sad panda.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

waron said:
every smaller japanese and western developer object just as all big publishers. if the wii would end then:
say goodbye to pretty much all small console development studios that previously worked on ps2/xbox/gc games last gen,
say goodbye to many psp games since many of them are wii ports,
say goodbye to all niche games on a console,
say goodbye to Atlus games on consoles,
say goodbye to Suda51 games on consoles,
etc.

Aren't all these essentially the same point?

-

Eh, I don't care for the Wii, myself, and I don't think it's going to reach the 50% market share, and in the short run, the market share may drop to sub 45%, but it will still remain the number 1 console on the market.

Its funny to hear these guys talk about how the Price cuts will destroy the Wii, first off people want the Wii for the games, not the price, secondly, those that are going to buy the 360 or PS3 at $299 will be largley split betwen the two consoles, so you'll see little only moderate boosts for both. Sure it'll probably be unlikely that Wii outsells both combined for a while, but it'll be pretty likely that after maybe week one, Wii will outsell each seperately

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Kenny said:

People who hate the Wii with an ''almost religious conviction'' are mainly a bunch of nerds on the Internet (like those guys from Gametrailers). Most of people in the real world enjoy playing Wii and don't want it to fail.