By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii owners only: Which HD console would you buy? (Part 2)

Xbox 360.

ALl of my friends have one. The only games Thats seem cool on ps3 are lbp and msg4.
xbox360 has bioshock left4dead halo gow and tons of xbla games.

Around the Network

This price cut and redesign couldn't be more perfect.
I was considering buying the family a PS3 for Christmas, was going to be a 360, but making them pay for LIVE isn't much of a gift.

I am strongly considering the PS3.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Used to be a Wii only owner (and PSP) then bought PS3 earlier this year. Someday I might buy Xbox 360 (when there are more exclusives I'm interested in. And I mean real exclusives, not pc/x360).

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

if i didnt have a Xbox 360 it would still be the xbox, because even though the PS3 has more intresting games and free online the Xbox is just cheaper.

I have the 360, but im considering getting the PS3 slim

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network

I was a wii only owner and bought a PS3 - more value for money, since im into blu-ray:p
(I cant say its couse of anything else, since all I own for PS3 are mulitplatform titles, anyway)

The PS3, really only because it's Blu-Ray capabilities, God of War 3, Aliens vs Predator, and that new game by Team Ico (sorry don't really follow the PS3 news that much because it doesn't pertain to me.)

dtewi said:
I honestly don't want to get either. None of the games interest me that much. LittleBigPlanet sparked some interest but not much. Honestly, the entire Xbox 360 lineup is populated with my least favorite genre, shooters. The PS3 is pretty much the same thing. There are a few good racers and fighters, but Nintendo doesn't have that many, they put the focus on platformers, adventures, and all that good stuff.

Ps3's 1st party derives of only a couple of FPS games, Resistance and killzone.. third party is different, but there are tons of platformers on the PS3

mM

Not too sure myself, might get a PS3 now that they've finally put the price down and are releasing a Slimline but for either HD console reliability is a concern for me. I've known a few PS3 owners that have had Blu-Ray lasers burning out and the bad reliability of the 360 doesn't need any explanation. At least with a 360 you'll get 3 years warranty (I'm assuming they're still doing this?).

i'll buy the 360 because in my opinion it has better games

well.... i already have a 360 xDD