By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii owners only: Which HD console would you buy? (Part 2)

Donathos made a thread in December 2008 asking wii owners which HD console would they buy?

Now that Sony cut the price on the PS3 from $399 to $299 and the PS3 Slim is priced at $299. Microsoft's XBOX 360 Elite model will be priced at $299 starting September 1.                

I decided to make this thread for wii owners. Which HD console would you buy?

I'll start, I would buy the PS3 because of the different genres of games they have and for Blu-Ray.

Around the Network

I my self have a PS3 already, but my Sister who only has a Wii is considering getting a PS3 once she heard about the price cut and slim redesign.

Also, this thread I guess can be some what considered a wii fanboy trap, since it'll reveal them for the fanboy they are....i say this because someone who isn't getting one nor considering it should technically not post, if that is they wish to follow the rules.

also considering getting a PS3. Maybe for March for the God of War 3 Release

I'm interested in the PS3 now that the price is reasonable..

I think the main reason's I'd go with the PS3 over the 360 are free online, reliability and the fact that PS3 exclusives are more appealing to me than the 360's.

Downside is that I don't like the Dual Shock.. If only Sony could design a more comfortable controller.. sigh..

Let's see, PS3 has a downloadable movie-service, Blu-Ray, free online and a lot of great games while XBXOX360 breaks, alot. Not really a choice, is it.

(I'm going to be banned for stating the the truth again, aren't I?)

Around the Network

I'm not a wii fanboy, trust me. I just want to see what Wii owners think of the price cuts on the HD consoles.

melbye said:
Let's see, PS3 has a downloadable movie-service, Blu-Ray, free online and a lot of great games while XBXOX360 breaks, alot. Not really a choice, is it.

(I'm going to be banned for stating the the truth again, aren't I?)

most likely, apparently there are mods and people that report that simply don't like the truth...I guess the truth can be very painful depending where your perspective is.

PS3 needs another price cut for me to buy it because I already have BR. Backwards compatibilty would even this out. PS3 phat looks too much like a George Foreman grill for me to consider putting it in my living room.

I'm interested in LBP and Tekken so I might buy a white/silver PS3 slim when they drop the price again but it'll need some good motion games.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

i went for a ps3. but thinking of selling it and get slim

I had the x360 til it PRODx3. I then got the wii and that was it til Kilzone2 when I got the PS3.

I am happy with WiiPS3.

So to answer your question it would have been PS3 if I didn't already have one.