By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii owners only: Which HD console would you buy? (Part 2)

PS3 interests me. Xbox, well some games do but I like Playstation.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

Definitely like the Wii the best, but ended up getting a 360 recently as my second. Just couldn't get as good of a deal on ebay. Was willing to pay more because of blu ray, and in general dislike for Microsoft, but only about $100 more and PS3 were going for over $150 more....

I may consider the PS3 at some point still, but the slim removes Linux support, and that is a huge minus.

I'm not planning on buying either at this point. I have a ton of Wii games that I want, and I have a DS too. For the sake of argument, let's say I run out of games I want for those consoles. The next thing I would buy is a HDTV. Once I have that, I would consider a 360 or PS3.

I would buy a 360. It is cheaper, and most of its library is the same as the PS3. I would also get more out of online play since a few of my friends have 360s, and I don't know a single person with a PS3. I also prefer the 360 controller to the PS3 controller.

Another problems I see with the PS3 is BC. I will not buy one without it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

The PC!

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I've always been more interested in the PS3 because of exclusive games such as LittleBigPlanet and Valkyria Chronicles.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Around the Network
theRepublic said:
I'm not planning on buying either at this point. I have a ton of Wii games that I want, and I have a DS too. For the sake of argument, let's say I run out of games I want for those consoles. The next thing I would buy is a HDTV. Once I have that, I would consider a 360 or PS3.

I would buy a 360. It is cheaper, and most of its library is the same as the PS3. I would also get more out of online play since a few of my friends have 360s, and I don't know a single person with a PS3. I also prefer the 360 controller to the PS3 controller.

Another problems I see with the PS3 is BC. I will not buy one without it.

well if you are going for HDTV ps3 its a better deal due blu ray.

360 doesn't have a good BC, actually it have none on the ps2 games.

ps2 is now 99$.

Words Of Wisdom said:

You've been a member of this website for over a year and have over 7000 posts so why are you still using someone else's Top XYZ list to find the games you like?  

The 360 has the best RPG line-up of any home console this generation, the best racing line-up (unless you really love Mario Kart Wii), the best fighting game line-up (unless you love SSBB), and a whole lot more.  It has games of every genre and more arriving every month in retail/XBLA.  Instead of looking at 30 random games, why not look at the entire game library before making a judgment, hm?

mmm....  i think you forgot to add "so far" in those sentences.

for some people, getting a HD console is a big investiment and they are looking at line-up 2-3 years down the road.

and i doubt the game line-up for the genre you listed on PS3 won't be as good as (or better than) X360.

most importantly, you can only play Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 on PS3

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

wenlan said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

You've been a member of this website for over a year and have over 7000 posts so why are you still using someone else's Top XYZ list to find the games you like?  

The 360 has the best RPG line-up of any home console this generation, the best racing line-up (unless you really love Mario Kart Wii), the best fighting game line-up (unless you love SSBB), and a whole lot more.  It has games of every genre and more arriving every month in retail/XBLA.  Instead of looking at 30 random games, why not look at the entire game library before making a judgment, hm?

mmm....  i think you forgot to add "so far" in those sentences.

for some people, getting a HD console is a big investiment and they are looking at line-up 2-3 years down the road.

and i doubt the game line-up for the genre you listed on PS3 won't be as good as (or better than) X360.

most importantly, you can only play Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 on PS3

Everything I can't buy right this second is vaporware as far as I'm concerned so when I talk about what a console offers a perspective buyer, I talk about what they can walk into a store and actually buy right now.

Me and a friend (both wii owners) are leaning toward a PS3 when we get jobs. I just bought a PS2 and it has sold me further on the decision. Free online, better exclusives, blu-ray. Oh and little big planet.

I'd get a PS3.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,