By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii owners only: Which HD console would you buy? (Part 2)

PS3 - The Last Guardian, Heavy Rain, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 1/2, LBP, GT5, White Knight Chronicles, MGS4, Ratchet & Clank.

360 - Kameo, Fable 2/3, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Dead Rising
(this list is shorter as the 360 has some great games I bought/will buy for PC instead, such as Mass Effect 1/2).

So, according to available and upcoming exclusives I'm interested in => PS3 - and it has BluRay too.

Around the Network
student said:
I'm stuck in the middle. I like the 360's JRPG line-up and really want Gears of War/Dead Rising. Not to mention, the netflix streaming compatibility is a huge win for me.

However, PS3 has better reliability, Ratchet and Clank, and blu ray.

So I'm still debating but I will get one of them!

This post is very similar to my thoughts, except replace "I will get one of them" with "I'll wait until they're under $200".  They're nice systems, but Wii is good enough for me.

Also, my GF already has a PS3 so I guess the 360 would win out if I was really ready to buy one of them.

easy answer, ps3.

dtewi said:
Crashdown77 said:
dtewi said:
I honestly don't want to get either. None of the games interest me that much. LittleBigPlanet sparked some interest but not much. Honestly, the entire Xbox 360 lineup is populated with my least favorite genre, shooters. The PS3 is pretty much the same thing. There are a few good racers and fighters, but Nintendo doesn't have that many, they put the focus on platformers, adventures, and all that good stuff.

Can you send me your address? I promised myself that the next time I heard someone say "The 360 only has shooters!" I would go to their home and smack them. It is simply not true! I am not going to make a list of non-shooters on the HD consoles, because it would take forever and be pointless. I don't care if you don't like the games on the HD consoles, fine, but don't spread falsehoods due to ignorance.

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. The good games on Xbox 360 are predominately shooters. Looking through the top ten, eight are shooters. The top 20, 14 are. The top 30, 18 are. Of the remaining twelve games, they are one platformer, three rock band and guitar hero games, three racers, one fighter, two XBLA puzzle games, Mass Effect, and Portal. I don't care for much of these games. Out of the top 30, maybe two or three spark my interest, and that doesn't make me want to buy it.

You've been a member of this website for over a year and have over 7000 posts so why are you still using someone else's Top XYZ list to find the games you like?  

The 360 has the best RPG line-up of any home console this generation, the best racing line-up (unless you really love Mario Kart Wii), the best fighting game line-up (unless you love SSBB), and a whole lot more.  It has games of every genre and more arriving every month in retail/XBLA.  Instead of looking at 30 random games, why not look at the entire game library before making a judgment, hm?

PS3, but I will probably wait for FF13 to come out since it is likely I won't even play it until then, and there might be another price cut. $299 is a good number, but why give up the wait now when it might be $199 in 6 months?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

It's looking like I might go in on a PS3 Slim with a friend. I guess it's bugging him that he's had an HDTV for 3 years but never bothered hooking an HD signal up to it.

I looked at the PS3 lineup with the qualifier of 'would I prefer to play this game on a Wii if I could" and only found 3 or 4 titles that I'd consider buying (not including downloadable games. I am going to positively ransack PSN). So there's just no way I'd pay the full cost of a PS3. But if I help my friend buy one and call it a birthday/Christmas gift, that gets me access to it at a more reasonable cost.

Why not a 360? I like the 360's controller, but the guy wants a Blu-ray player, I feel online should be free, swappable HD is great if it gets used often as a media centre, and Sony has a better record of build quality.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I don't trust Microsoft's hardware, and the lack of backward compatibility on PS3 is a deal breaker for me... plus, there are only a handful of games i'd really like to have on both HD twins...

So i'll keep my money for all the future Wii and DS games that i'm lookin' for, and the only HD console i may buy one day will be the next Nintendo system...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

I regret buying a BluRay player some months ago. Now for 60 dls more I can get a PS3. I'm really happy with the Wii lineup, and don't have enough time to play all my games, but I'd like to play at least MGS4, the new Batman and Castlevania.

If I could somehow sell my BluRay player, I'd get the PS3.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

PS3. It has more exclusive games I would want.

I'd stay a Wii only owner right now. I'm perfectly happy with my own Wii...

(... and my brother's 360. )

Seriously though, if I had to purchase another console, it would have to be a 360. Wii is definitely the console for me, so 360 would make a great second console with its priority in other genres/abilities. Bioshock (2!), Left 4 Dead (2!), Resident Evil 5, awesome XBLA games (Totally bummed when BK wasn't coming to Wii ), friends that also own a 360... it'd be great fun.