By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii owners only: Which HD console would you buy? (Part 2)

i would buy a 360 because, despite its problems with the RROD, its just an overall better system than the PS3 IMO.

Around the Network

I'd buy the PS3 since im most familiar with the system (though im also planning to get an xbox). Also because its slimmer and the hardware is more energy efficient, so the chances of it overheating and malfunctioning is really low compared to the 1st and 2nd generation ps3.

If I were to buy either of those systems, it would be a PS3, but fortunately blu ray players are cheaper than a PS3 (and by the time I actually get a blu-ray player there may be better options than a PS3).

I'm happy with my Wii and gaming PC at the moment.

wii fans are biased towards PS3 confirmed?

dtewi said:
I honestly don't want to get either. None of the games interest me that much. LittleBigPlanet sparked some interest but not much. Honestly, the entire Xbox 360 lineup is populated with my least favorite genre, shooters. The PS3 is pretty much the same thing. There are a few good racers and fighters, but Nintendo doesn't have that many, they put the focus on platformers, adventures, and all that good stuff.

Can you send me your address? I promised myself that the next time I heard someone say "The 360 only has shooters!" I would go to their home and smack them. It is simply not true! I am not going to make a list of non-shooters on the HD consoles, because it would take forever and be pointless. I don't care if you don't like the games on the HD consoles, fine, but don't spread falsehoods due to ignorance.

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
wii fans are biased towards PS3 confirmed?

Why would you say that?  Just because a wave of posters are not falling over each other to get the new PS3 slim?

Crashdown77 said:
dtewi said:
I honestly don't want to get either. None of the games interest me that much. LittleBigPlanet sparked some interest but not much. Honestly, the entire Xbox 360 lineup is populated with my least favorite genre, shooters. The PS3 is pretty much the same thing. There are a few good racers and fighters, but Nintendo doesn't have that many, they put the focus on platformers, adventures, and all that good stuff.

Can you send me your address? I promised myself that the next time I heard someone say "The 360 only has shooters!" I would go to their home and smack them. It is simply not true! I am not going to make a list of non-shooters on the HD consoles, because it would take forever and be pointless. I don't care if you don't like the games on the HD consoles, fine, but don't spread falsehoods due to ignorance.

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. The good games on Xbox 360 are predominately shooters. Looking through the top ten, eight are shooters. The top 20, 14 are. The top 30, 18 are. Of the remaining twelve games, they are one platformer, three rock band and guitar hero games, three racers, one fighter, two XBLA puzzle games, Mass Effect, and Portal. I don't care for much of these games. Out of the top 30, maybe two or three spark my interest, and that doesn't make me want to buy it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

If it weren't for RRODs I would say the 360. Therefore a PS3.

I'm stuck in the middle. I like the 360's JRPG line-up and really want Gears of War/Dead Rising. Not to mention, the netflix streaming compatibility is a huge win for me.

However, PS3 has better reliability, Ratchet and Clank, and blu ray.

So I'm still debating but I will get one of them!

I need to add that i will buy a PS3, but i am NOT "upgrading" from a Wii. Wii is still priority