By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I Sell my Wii for a Slim PS3??

You're a grown man...knuckle up and make the decision on your own...Jeez.

I should have made a bet with someone about the number of threads like these that will pop-up regarding XB360 & Wii trade-in for PS3 slim...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

just so you know, I think xbox 360 + wii combinaison is better then ps3 + xbox360

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

get one its cheap now but dont sell your Wii there is still some great games come to it.

-mod edit-

There's just no need for this comment, if you're going to be a racist tool (since you think Americans are a race, lol) then please go somewhere else.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

No keep the Wii, you already have a 360, so there's almost no point in buying another HD system.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

I'll never understand why people ask this question of the forum.

Obviously your mind's made up...and if it isn't, our advice shouldn't sway you in one way or another.

It's a simple value vs cost equation. Do it for the wii....and do it for the slim. There's your answer.

mightymek said:

I am undecided, and I have to convince my wife also.  Here's the quick story.  We bought a Wii in December 2007.  It hasn't been played once since I got my Xbox 360 in September of 2008.  We have Wii Fit.  We played it once.  Now we like the Wii, for games like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Trauma Center, and No More Heroes, but that's about it.  My wife wants to keep the Wii to play Mario Galaxy, but she hasn't played it since we got it, and she is a full time student in pharmacy school, so she only plays games over the summer, in which this summer she played Fable 2 only, so nothing on the Wii.  I want a PS3 for Uncharted, Killzone, Metal Gear 4, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Resistance, etc. and Bluray.  She only wants it for Heavy Rain.  I would miss the Mario games also, but obviously not much since I haven't looked at them in over a year.   With the price drop, I could probably sell my Wii with extra controllers and Wii Fit and get enough money for the PS3 Slim.  Any ideas as to how to convince my wife to ditch the dusty Wii for a PS3? 

I'd say pointing out the above things should work. 

If she's not playing it and you're not playing it then there's no point in having it.  Ditch your Wii and get something you'll actually play.

Simple: DON"T SELL YOUR WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Well, I just talked to her again, she doesn't want to sell the Wii, so we keep it. There are some games I want on the Wii that I either own, or will once they come out, I guess I just got PS3 Slim fever, and do want to play games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, GOW III, etc. So, thanks for all yuor advice, but I will keep the Wii per the wife's request. I tried...

mightymek said:
Well, I just talked to her again, she doesn't want to sell the Wii, so we keep it. There are some games I want on the Wii that I either own, or will once they come out, I guess I just got PS3 Slim fever, and do want to play games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, GOW III, etc. So, thanks for all yuor advice, but I will keep the Wii per the wife's request. I tried...

If you can't sell it then see if you can convince her to actually play it.