By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I Sell my Wii for a Slim PS3??

Wii >>>>> PS3 either slim or not, so don't sell it

Around the Network

I wouldn't sell it.

Save money, get a PS3, keep your Wii.

You've already invested a lot of money into Wii.

$300 isn't really too much, just save up for a few weeks and get a PS3 then, it will still be there.

do you still have ds and ps2? i would do this:
1. sell both ps2 and wii if you don't use them anymore,
2. sell games you don't play anymore and won't play in the future,
3. buy Trauma Center/Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton/Scribblenauts and maybe Kirby Super Star Ultra/New Super Mario Bros for ds your wife and yourself.
4. if you don't have at least 5-6 big games(that will keep you occupied for longer than 20-25 hours) that will be released on 360 between now and the end of Q1 2010. if you don't want to buy online games/rpgs/Forza3 got to part 6.
5. wait for Heavy Rain bundle or for some christmas ps3 deals cause there will be definitely some ps3slim bundles with games for 300$.

Show her blu-ray and Little Big planet

Why don't you buy a Ps3Slim when it comes out w/o selling anything?

Around the Network

Well, it depends on you.

If she truly wants to keep it, then why create a fight. Keep it for to play for Wii specific games you/she wants to play.

Also, if you have a 360 and want a Bluray player, stand alone Bluray players are about $150 now. I know I saw them in Walmart for about $165 I think.

If you want it equally for games as well, then just save the money and buy one.

I have said this before, but here it is again: You really need all three consoles to fully taste this Generation because not one of them is getting everything like the PS2.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
chapset said:
just so you know, I think xbox 360 + wii combinaison is better then ps3 + xbox360

Yeah, honestly, it makes more sense to me to drop the 360 for a PS3 than the Wii.

It's looking like I might end up getting a PS3, but no way in hell am I going to give up my Wii for it.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Just patiently save up for PS3 and everybody will be happy. Itll still be waiting for you at your local shop when you want one =)

Or, heres somthing crazy. You might play the Wii more often if you actually bought games for it. Its kind of the point of a console.

Just save up a bit. A couple months and youll have $300. Its not a huge an=mount of money.