By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I Sell my Wii for a Slim PS3??

MonstaMack said:

Never sell your system unless your replacing it with a newer model or don't plan on playing it again for years.

Theres always going to be that game that you wanted to play but never got the chance to because you didn't own the system.

The Wii had some pretty rough periods for AAA games, but when Mario Galaxy came out it was a must have. As much as I hardly buy games for my Wii I'm glad I got one for Mario Kart, Galaxy and of course Smash Brothers.

I second this. Its not worth it. The Wii has a more and better variety of exclusives coming in 2010. NSMB Wii is going to be very fun especially now that its coming with four player so you two can play together. Come on man I can't believe you are willing to ditch Nintendo, the company that knows what its doing when it comes to multiplayer. Their games are fun. Thats why I've been a big Nintendo fan forever. I like Sony too and I want a Slim, but Nintendo shall never be sacraficed for it.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
leo-j said:
bardicverse said:
Why would you get a PS3 if you have a 360? There's so few PS3 exclusives out there that it wouldn't make a difference, especially with so many Wii exclusives out there that you can't get on the other systems.

Having several pharmacist friends - In regards to your wife, she'll be saying goodbye to gaming, you and the family once she gets a full time gig. Pharmacists work insane hours and never find time for much else. Their relationships are often very tense unless the other person also is a pharmacist or an ER doctor.

Are you F'ing kidding me?

Um no, anything else?

You know how stupid the statement in bolded letters is, right?

Words Of Wisdom said:
mightymek said:

I am undecided, and I have to convince my wife also.  Here's the quick story.  We bought a Wii in December 2007.  It hasn't been played once since I got my Xbox 360 in September of 2008.  We have Wii Fit.  We played it once.  Now we like the Wii, for games like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Trauma Center, and No More Heroes, but that's about it.  My wife wants to keep the Wii to play Mario Galaxy, but she hasn't played it since we got it, and she is a full time student in pharmacy school, so she only plays games over the summer, in which this summer she played Fable 2 only, so nothing on the Wii.  I want a PS3 for Uncharted, Killzone, Metal Gear 4, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Resistance, etc. and Bluray.  She only wants it for Heavy Rain.  I would miss the Mario games also, but obviously not much since I haven't looked at them in over a year.   With the price drop, I could probably sell my Wii with extra controllers and Wii Fit and get enough money for the PS3 Slim.  Any ideas as to how to convince my wife to ditch the dusty Wii for a PS3? 

I'd say pointing out the above things should work. 

If she's not playing it and you're not playing it then there's no point in having it.  Ditch your Wii and get something you'll actually play.

This. If it's just sitting there and you could get a system that you'll actually play, you might aswel go for it. If what you say is true then you shouldn't have much problem convincing her at all, dood.

4 ≈ One

You've already made up your mind. So I would say to sell it. Especially if you don't see any future games for the Wii that you plan to buy. However, I would not recommend pissing off the wife either. If she's against it, it's not worth it. No game console is have worth having to sleep on the couch and being denied nookie.

I haven't played the Wii for realz in ages either.

But maybe that's due to the fact I can only get about 5 games a year. And I bought a DS for my birthday so I wasn't allowed to get any games for the DS either.

But I'm going to play the shit out of it at Christmas and next year. Lots of interesting software is coming, and you should never sell a console.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

i say get wii sports resort, awesome game

plus NSMBWii is coming soon so just save up for the ps3 slim

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

bardicverse said:
Why would you get a PS3 if you have a 360? There's so few PS3 exclusives out there that it wouldn't make a difference, especially with so many Wii exclusives out there that you can't get on the other systems.

Having several pharmacist friends - In regards to your wife, she'll be saying goodbye to gaming, you and the family once she gets a full time gig. Pharmacists work insane hours and never find time for much else. Their relationships are often very tense unless the other person also is a pharmacist or an ER doctor.

?

I dont normally talk this biased but;
If you and your wife like the idea of the wii, imagine if the wii had a more adult style of gameplay. (not so kiddish) Imagine if there was a vast improvement on the graphics, physics, and overall game play of the wii games.

Wouldn't you want a wii like that?
I would too! Its called a PS3. Any fan of Video games should "graduate" towards this. If the tacked on motion stuff is important to you, Sony will have that soon enough.
Buy your wife LBP, SIngstar, R&C.

There is a new wii in town people, its always been here hiding under the name PS3.
Sell your wii and live!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

mightymek said:

I am undecided, and I have to convince my wife also.  Here's the quick story.  We bought a Wii in December 2007.  It hasn't been played once since I got my Xbox 360 in September of 2008.  We have Wii Fit.  We played it once.  Now we like the Wii, for games like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Trauma Center, and No More Heroes, but that's about it.  My wife wants to keep the Wii to play Mario Galaxy, but she hasn't played it since we got it, and she is a full time student in pharmacy school, so she only plays games over the summer, in which this summer she played Fable 2 only, so nothing on the Wii.  I want a PS3 for Uncharted, Killzone, Metal Gear 4, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Resistance, etc. and Bluray.  She only wants it for Heavy Rain.  I would miss the Mario games also, but obviously not much since I haven't looked at them in over a year.   With the price drop, I could probably sell my Wii with extra controllers and Wii Fit and get enough money for the PS3 Slim.  Any ideas as to how to convince my wife to ditch the dusty Wii for a PS3? 

Don't know the relationship you and your wife have, but dude, you don't wanna piss her off. Tell her what you want to do and see what she says. If she says 'No, I want the Wii,' you have your answer. Sell it at your own risk, but if you do, you'll enjoy all those PS3 hits and may cut off your kitty supply for a few weeks - and possibly longer.

You can get a good used one soon - likely $200 - off craigslist. 40gb ones are going for about $250 - and will most def drop in price.

That's really your best option, IMHO.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

bardicverse said:

Didn't he say that in his first post?

"I want a PS3 for Uncharted, Killzone, Metal Gear 4, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Resistance, etc. and Bluray."

Can't get that on Xbox 360 or Wii.

Currently Playing: Uncharted 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2
2010 Predictions: Click Me

Games on my "Must Buy" List:

Diablo III (PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
The Last Guardian (PS3)