By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does PS3 or Wii have an answer to this protential Fall 2010 X360 lineup?

Slimebeast said:

No. As of now X360 has by far the strongest lineup in 2010

Alan Wake
Crackdown 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Kingdom Under Fire II
Gears of War 3
HL2: Episode 3
Halo: Reach
Fable III
+ Natal launch lineup most likely including a new Rare game

Maybe Mass Effect 2, but Im not sure if it's exclusive or if it's for PS3 too.

this!

Around the Network

Thanks toastboy.

Now to present the estimated lifetime sales of the most sucessful exclusive lineup in many years:

1. Halo: Reach - 15 million
2. Gears of War 3 - 6.5 million
3. Fable III - 4.5 million
4. Alan Wake - 3 million
5. 'Rare game Natal' - 3 million
6. Mass Effect 2 - 2.5 million
7. Splinter Cell: Conviction - 2.5 million
8. Crackdown 2 - 2 million
9. HL2: Episode 3 - 1.5 million
10 Kingdom Under Fire II - 1 million

Natal motion controls - 22 million (to a 1/3 of the lifetime X360 installed base)

@ slimebeast, how come HL 2 EP3 is going to sell 2m and 1.5m. And the idea that Halo Reach will sell 15m is just laughable, I also doubt most of your other figures

Munkeh111 said:
@ slimebeast, how come HL 2 EP3 is going to sell 2m and 1.5m. And the idea that Halo Reach will sell 15m is just laughable, I also doubt most of your other figures

Oops.

Any of my sales figures u agree with then, or even think I low-balled?

It's a question of taste.

For example, for my tastes the lineup you've mentioned has little interest.  And I think that while Natal looks fantastic as an interface I also think it's the weakest of the three options that should at that time be available for using motion controls for playing games.  Finally, titles such as Half Life 3 are PC titles for me.

So I'd say sure, I think Nintendo and Sony can handle that lineup.

Equally, if Fable, Halo, etc are to your tastes, and you're looking to console for Valve games, then they might struggle to match MS lineup from your point of view.

It's all relative, as they say.

I think what you're really trying to say, at the risk of seeming arrogant or rude, is that you think that the MS lineup may be more popular with more people.

It might, but I think that it'll be a close run thing rather than any kind of whitewash.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Thanks toastboy.

Now to present the estimated lifetime sales of the most sucessful exclusive lineup in many years:

1. Halo: Reach - 15 million No way, let's just wait and see what it is first anyway
2. Gears of War 3 - 6.5 million I would say 5.5m
3. Fable III - 4.5 million Same as FII or maybe slightly lower, I would say about 3-3.5m
4. Alan Wake - 3 million No, just no. I say 2m at the most
5. 'Rare game Natal' - 3 million Firstly, let it be announced and 2ndly, I think they will bundle it with Natal so figures are unimportant
6. Mass Effect 2 - 2.5 million Probably
7. Splinter Cell: Conviction - 2.5 million 2-3m sounds about right
8. Crackdown 2 - 2 million Maybe slightly under
9. HL2: Episode 3 - 1.5 million I think they will have a red box with other stuff, so probably higher
10 Kingdom Under Fire II - 1 million Nobody has heard of it, so I don't really know

Natal motion controls - 22 million (to a 1/3 of the lifetime X360 installed base) I doubt it, though it depends if they start bundling with Xboxes and if they do truly keep the 360 going as their active console for at least 8 years

Well here you go

Well PS3 is going to have Resistance 3(unconfirmed but definitly in the works), the other new IP Insomniac games is working on, The game David Jaffe is working on, most likely a new Twisted Metal. Rockstarrs Agent. FF13 verses, The agency, the last guardian. I think 2 game announcements are coming at TGS and we all know Sony keeps 1 or 2 games up there sleaves for E3. Not to mention Sony has 5 or 6 studios currently working on games that havn't been revealed yet so if you think Sony won't have anything next christmas your very wrong

Munkeh111 said:

DOOD....Halo 3...people are ready for reach....

Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:

Thanks toastboy.

1. Halo: Reach - 15 million No way, let's just wait and see what it is first anyway With Halo 3 at 10 million....I don't see how impossible this seems to you...
2. Gears of War 3 - 6.5 million I would say 5.5m Now way...Gears 3 will almost double it's release date sales..i say he is about right..
3. Fable III - 4.5 million Same as FII or maybe slightly lower, I would say about 3-3.5m I don't see how it can go lower...I'm very close to getting Fable 2...Just need to finish all the other RPG's i got..
4. Alan Wake - 3 million No, just no. I say 2m at the most This is the tittle I'm most interested in seeing the sales for...will be interesting until they come in...No comment..I'm getting this Day on btw
5. 'Rare game Natal' - 3 million Firstly, let it be announced and 2ndly, I think they will bundle it with Natal so figures are unimportant atleast we agree that bundled sales figures are retarded...
6. Mass Effect 2 - 2.5 million Probably Day onE!
7. Splinter Cell: Conviction - 2.5 million 2-3m sounds about right DAY ONE!
8. Crackdown 2 - 2 million Maybe slightly under I don't know...People love the game...It will defenetly do well...
9. HL2: Episode 3 - 1.5 million I think they will have a red box with other stuff, so probably higher Half Life is awesome..
10 Kingdom Under Fire II - 1 million Nobody has heard of it, so I don't really know There is no Data for the first game on XBox...This was one of my favorite Xbox games I am getting this..

Natal motion controls - 22 million (to a 1/3 of the lifetime X360 installed base) I doubt it, though it depends if they start bundling with Xboxes and if they do truly keep the 360 going as their active console for at least 8 years I want to get Natal just to navigate the NXE with no controller...The Right Fitness game with this will explode! Seriosly...There will be a big fitness game with Natal...be afraid

Well here you go

at the end of the day i'll buy the games i want to play and in your list i don't want to get any of these games.