By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does PS3 or Wii have an answer to this protential Fall 2010 X360 lineup?

inverted3reality said:
RayRay102 said:

We all know Fable 3 has just been announced and will be released in the Fall of 2010. First 2 games sold over 3 millions a piece

Halo Reach will sell millions and could break sales record. It will also be Bungie last Halo game so they go out with a bang.

Gears oF War 3 IMO will be released in Nov 2010 (2 years apart like the first two games) 10 miliion selling franchise.

I also think Half Life 2 episode 3 will be revealed either at next year GDC or E3 and will be released end of 2010 based on this http://www.halflife2.net/half-life-2-episode-3.

Also, the release of Natal with RARE support and a launch lineup of games for it.

If this is indeed realty, will this be the best fall exclusive lineup in the history of gaming for one console? Does Nintendo or Sony have an answer to this protential blockbuster Fall lineup. Please jump in and debate.

It's really hard to say right now.. the PS3 could potentially gain a very large amount of momentum.. or it could not. If the ps3 does gain that momentum, sales of games like God of war III will probably rival the gears of war series.

That being said... until tokyo games show, we don't really know what's coming for fall 2010 for PS3. Sony has been focusing huge on its big titles like GoW III and Gran Turismo 5 at the moment.

The thing about Sony games is that they usually have far more production value than 360 games, so they take a lot longer to make.

That being said.. for 2010 BIG games on the ps3 are as follows..

The Last Guardian

God of War III

Massive Action Game

ModNation Racers

Agent (Possibly GTA5: LA Noir exclusive, just speculating :P Agent appears to be a code name, and the GTA boss said there would be no multiplat in 2010)

David Jaffe and Eat Sleep Play's game (They are all expecting 2010, and he feels his game has the potential to be a blockbuster.)

Final Fantasy XIV

The Agency

DC Universe Online

Heavy Rain

So.. anyone to say that sony's announced games cannot rival Halo, gears and a Console port of a PC shooter is kind of silly

and I don't think a Halo game will ever qualify for "best lineup in history :P" maybe for this gen, I agree it's a pretty solid fall lineup... but those games will eat sales off eachother.

If God of War III breaks 2 million in its first day, then, and only then will it rival Gears. That would also be about two-thirds of its previous two games total sales if it did that. Oh and way to ignore the sequel to the best selling RPG on the 360 btw!

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

I dunno about the PS3... BUT... The Wii needs no answer, because the Wii has Wii-Sports!

2010 will be pWIInd.

Metroid Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Zelda Wii
Pikmin 3

Granted last to are unconfirmed, but I'm better they will be there by years end, and that's just Nintendo.

The agent
Resistance 3
The last guardian
Thats all that i can think of for the holday but Gow3, mag, modnation, wkc and whatever hasn't been announced. Crackdown 2, Fable 3 look like they will be pushed back as no footage or screens have been shown. And its very doubtfull Gears3 will come out the same time as halo and cod.

I have ODST fully paid off at Game Stop...That would be a Hell to the NO...

Around the Network
ironman said:
Grey21 said:
Gabe Newell is a Microsoft fanboy... wait he's more then that, he's an ex-Microsoft employee. Apparantly he loves Windows (as his child) and only left because he wanted to make games. If he has a grudge against Sony then it's because the PS2 wiped the floor with Microsoft's original xbox.

As for the line-up you've posted, maybe it's because they aren't my genres but it doesn't blow me away. 2010 will be a good year for both HD consoles (game-wise atleast) but then I'm looking at the full year. But I doubt it's going to make a big difference, all sequels so if anyone wanted those titles then they would have gotten a 360 already. It's going to end up being about what the cheapest deal is the parents/mainsteam gamers can find during the holiday season.

Well somebody's pissed off...here's a cookie, does that make it better?

Given the fact that the origional Xbox was MS first attempt at a gaming system, You could hardly say that Sony wiped the floor with them, any other console just starting out would have done the same. MS was just setting up for this gen when it would be payback time. Also, if Gabe didn't like Sony, his studio never would have made games for a Sony console, geniouse. 

PSone says hi

PS3s 2010 line-up is set to destroy the one in the OP. The only way it wont is if Sony releases all of their juggernauts, including GT5, Heavy Rain, Last Guardian and God of War in the first three months of 2010 and just doesn't release anything during Fall.

^All of those are great games - though I'm not into GT at all. But sales-wise only GT5 is going to be of a comparable impact as anything Halo. The next best seller will be GoW, as in multi-million, but again realistically not Halo-level sales.

The two games I'm most interested in - Heavy Rain and Last Guardian - don't really sound like big sellers at all.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

"So.. anyone to say that sony's announced games cannot rival Halo, gears and a Console port of a PC shooter is kind of silly"

Really? It's silly? Name me an exclusive PS3 title that has sold half as much as Halo 3.

You could combine MGS4, Resistance, and Uncharted, and the sales combined barely pass it.

Now name me an exclusive PS3 title that has sold as much as Gears of War 2.

Now name me a brand more respected in the gaming world than Valve.

Okay, there you go.

Yeah Ms will rule holiday season 10.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB