By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does PS3 or Wii have an answer to this protential Fall 2010 X360 lineup?

Never been a Sony fan myself. But having a 360 and a Wii does really blows me away.
Indeed, I think the lineup software will unleash a fiery battle between consoles.
I do believe the 360 lineup is better than the others. But nothing is certain. And I like Nintendo's too.
Currently I'm more concerned about my lack of profit for this holidays.

360 + Wii + Steam

Lone traveler

Around the Network

Fall 2010 will look really good for Microsoft.

that list is impressive although, counting gears 3 even though its announced is stretching but here we go

ms:

halo:reach-7-8mil
gears3-3-3.5mil(barring a reinvention of the franchise)
fable3:2-3mill
half life episode 3(not sure)

sony:
god of war3-2-3mil
last gaurdian-1-2mill
gran turismo 5(assuming its not this year)-13-15mill
twisted metal 2-3mil

nin:

galaxy 2
metroid other m
zleda

to answer ur question who sell the most software in 2010 microsoft probably, but i think all consoles will be able to match holiday AAA games next year, and im not even counting a new media molecule game or agent, which has the potential to be huge.or ffversus in japan next year.

"even a dead god still dreams"

I know it hasn't been officially confirmed yet but has everyone forgot about Persona 5? It's basically an open secret that it will be coming out in Japan sometime in the near future, and if that's true I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the states by the end of 2010, if it get's localized at all that is.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

sony's 2010 announced exclusive list
-God of War 3
-Massive Action Game
-Heavy Rain
-The Last Guardian
-Modnation racers
-The Agency
-Demon Soul
-Final Fantasy XIV
-Gran turismo 5???
-PS3 Motion Controller and the games with that
- and others

Sony's 2010 unannonced exclusive list and most likely to come out in 2010
-Resistance 3
-Motor storm 3
-Sly Cooper 4
-Kindom Hearts 3

Sony's 2011 unannonced exclusive list
-Ratchet and clank
-Uncharted 3
-Killzone 3

Xbox 360 is no match to the PS3 exclusive games

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Thanks toastboy.

Now to present the estimated lifetime sales of the most sucessful exclusive lineup in many years:

1. Halo: Reach - 15 million
2. Gears of War 3 - 6.5 million
3. Fable III - 4.5 million
4. Alan Wake - 3 million
5. 'Rare game Natal' - 3 million
6. Mass Effect 2 - 2.5 million
7. Splinter Cell: Conviction - 2.5 million
8. Crackdown 2 - 2 million
9. HL2: Episode 3 - 1.5 million
10 Kingdom Under Fire II - 1 million

Natal motion controls - 22 million (to a 1/3 of the lifetime X360 installed base)

1. Hrmm? It's not even certain whether or not Halo 3 will reach 15 million, let alone Halo: Reach. What's with the overhyping of Halo Reach anyways? What kind of market will it grasp that Halo 3 won't? And if not that, how will it grasp what could be the entire market of Halo 3 (and some of those bundles)?

2. I've heard a lot of chatter from Gears of War fans that are disappointed in the sequel, but they're likely a small minority. This goal can definitely be reached, but it won't be easy.

3. Lol wut? The second isn't anywhere close to that, even with bundles. Unless we're assuming that Microsoft will bundle their games, AGAIN.

4. Alan Wake doesn't seem like the kind of game that sells 3 million copies. Most games don't just sell that much off of a bit of internet hype.

5. Talk about vague. I won't even bother with this one.

6. Easily accomplished. I could see the second growing the series a good bit.

7. Tough to say. Most of the games in the series haven't sold in that area, but anything is possible.

8. Lol no. The first didn't even get close to that, and that was with a beta for the system's biggest game included.

9. This will sell 1.5 million? The Orange Box certainly didn't.

10. I don't even know the thought process here.

ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzZZZZ......

there is so much speculation here that your question cannot be honestly answered. Yes 2010 will be a great year but we dont know that all these games will come out but if they did it would be like 2007 all over again!

Long Live SHIO!

Nintendo definitely looks like they more or less covered with the new Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M and Pikmin 3.

Sony definitely has the resources to come up with a competative lineup next holiday. They have more 1st and 2nd party studios then both Microsoft and Ninendo combined.

Agent
The Agency
DC Universe Online
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy XIV Online
Hot Shots Golf 6
The Last Guardian
LittleBigPlanet 2
MotorStorm 3
Quantum
Resistance 3
Starhawk
Syphon Filter PS3
Twisted Metal PS3
WarDevil
White Knight Chronicles II
Yakuza 4

overall year if gears launches in holiday 2010, that lineup is solid, but really tho some of your sales figures are wishful thinking, like 15mill forreach, halo 3 just broke 10mill, and for fable 3 i think a lot of people will a lil dissapointed with the last one so sales will be good but not that high, remember  the xbox base has to actually buy all these games and third party titles wich have yet to be revealed and will prolly be broke when they pick up natal. so while that list is awesome, can people actually afford it?(clollectors editions oh my!)

"even a dead god still dreams"