By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Nintendo of America needs to STFU"

Hmm, I thought Wii fans never raged. Guess I was wrong.
The article is funny and I enjoyed it, however silly some parts of it were.
Like a Schwarzenegger movie; you smirk and giggle even if the movie itself is shit.
To say that he didn't have a single point in the entire writeup is a lot more silly than the article itself though, imo.

Around the Network
Manos said:
KungKras said:

You do not decide what quality is. Many people would not consider the HD console libraries to be quality.

But anyways, perhaps another example is needed: The Wii innovated in gameplay. The HD consoles innovated in media functions on consoles. The Wii is clearly more about the games. I really thought that this is a commonly accepted fact. Sadly I was wrong.

Yeah, I bet it really makes you sad when people don't love the wii like you do. But hey, now I am starting to get you! When Natal comes out you will start giving MS some love since it is more "innovative" than the wiimote. Cool.

I don't decide but the minority of the people who bought current gen consoles will? (48,9%?) How about metascores?

Guess what? Many people would not consider wii library to be quality.

Natal is only about the hardware so far, the Wiimote was from day one about the software that could implement it. As I said the Wii is more about the games.

Many people would consider it quality too, so you saying what is quality and what is not isn't convincing. And looking at software sold, we reach the same conclusion again. Wii is more about the games than the PS lites.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:

You do not decide what quality is. Many people would not consider the HD console libraries to be quality.

But anyways, perhaps another example is needed: The Wii innovated in gameplay. The HD consoles innovated in media functions on consoles. The Wii is clearly more about the games. I really thought that this is a commonly accepted fact. Sadly I was wrong.

Yeah, I bet it really makes you sad when people don't love the wii like you do. But hey, now I am starting to get you! When Natal comes out you will start giving MS some love since it is more "innovative" than the wiimote. Cool.

I don't decide but the minority of the people who bought current gen consoles will? (48,9%?) How about metascores?

Natal is only about the hardware so far, the Wiimote was from day one about the software that could implement it. As I said the Wii is more about the games.

Many people would consider it quality too, so you saying what is quality and what is not isn't convincing. And looking at software sold, we reach the same conclusion again. Wii is more about the games than the PS lites.

Oh well. Even counting wii sports, wii has sold less software than those "pc lites" you keep ranting about. Looks like more people think that HD consoles are quality so by your logic that is a fact. Too bad for you.

KungKras said:
chapset said:
KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:
^ What you should be asking is: How did the guy that wrote the article in the OP think of the Wii as less of a game machine than the PC lites.

That part is pretty easy. Wii has less good games than HD-consoles.

No it doesn't. The Wii is stronger when it comes to games than the PC lites. Just look at game sales.

less quality titles equal more sell for the games that are actuly good

Super Mario Bros 3 that sold 17 million on the NES sais hi. So does all commercially succesful NES, Playstation, and Super Nintendo games that sold many many copies despite a very impressive overall library.

There are no facts to support your statement.

look at the snes and ps2 line up, both are considered to have the greatest line up ever, and you will see a lot of multi-million sellers but very few games above 15 million, because of diversity, but when you look at the wii you will see games selling very high but less multi-million sellers because the wii doesn't come close yet to the variety of quality titles both the snes and the ps2 had

edit: keep in mind the snes database is far from being complete

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:

So, bascially, he's wrong and you're right? Do you decide what quality is more than he does? Do game sales decide quality? Why not take scores into account? That would be the closest thing to a quality measure, but then your argument on quality and Nintendo's apparent (in your opinion) extreme prowess in it would be null and void since they happen to have the lowest rated game library on average. Do you feel that the PS2 had the best quality library simply because it sold the most and had the biggest installed base? I bet you don't.

I realize you two are in a disagreement but I just don't understand this way of arguing, it holds no merit. "I don't like Nintendo, so their games are not the best." vs. "I like Nintendo so their games are the best." Groundbreaking stuff right there.

Around the Network
Manos said:
KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:

Oh well. Even counting wii sports, wii has sold less software than those "pc lites" you keep ranting about. Looks like more people think that HD consoles are quality so by your logic that is a fact. Too bad for you.

Wii fit says hello.

Grow up kid, all your "points" are based on your own point of view, and unless you have become the fore-front of human instrumentality those are utterly neglidgable.

Stop bitching about what console the person next to you is using and play your favorite game.

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

LMAO, look at all the Nintendo fanboys bashing him immediately, defending Nintendo to the very end exactly like he said in the article. I agree with every word he said and I too once owned a Wii, not anymore, not ever again. Hell, I will never buy another Nintendo product ever and I have owned EVERY single system (both home and handheld) they have ever released...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Fossil said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:

Wii fit says hello.

Grow up kid, all your "points" are based on your own point of view, and unless you have become the fore-front of human instrumentality those are utterly neglidgable.

Stop bitching about what console the person next to you is using and play your favorite game.

Actually my points are based on facts. HD consoles have sold more than wii. They have sold more software than wii. HD consoles have better metascores than wii.

It is pretty amusing that you find me the one bitching about something and not the other guy. Do you happen to be a wii only owner perhaps?

What are these "good points" some people keep referring to?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Manos said:

KungKras said:

Then how come the market for them is shrinking?

I LOVE ICELAND!