By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Nintendo of America needs to STFU"

In the imortal words of Dr. House "You're an idiot" (to author, not OP) There were so many glaring errors I don't know where to start.

1. E3 is NOT a show for the hardcore gamers, yet hardcore gamers keep thinking it is. Author is mad becuase Nintendo's show wasn't entertainting. Again, you're an idiot.
  2. Nintendo is for everyone. They make hardcore titles. Mario Galaxy and Other M ring a bell (yes, I know this is about E3 08. This was writen in Aug of 09). Somehow, everyone seems to exclude all non-hardcore gamers in their minds.
  3. it demonstrated that Nintendo did not consider itself a part of the game industry. WHAT? If they are a part of the industry, then why are they making game hardware and software? Malstrom was right, "Gmae Industry" is a stupid word that embodies business models, demographics, and how to milk customers. Thank you. You have proved Malstroms point. And your still an idiot.
  4. Unlike Hardcore gamers who think they know business, Reggie actually read a book on the subject (gasp). Innovator's Dilemma. Go read it. The author of the book describes "core" users (NOT Hardcore) as being past users. Nintendo's core likes Animal Crossing. They like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and all the rest. Animal Crossing did please core users. Stop claiming as if you know what you are talking about.
  5. Somehow, Nintendo fans are now the idiots.......NOPE, I still see only one big one. Maybe people were ready to "forgive" Nintendo becuase these fans, I don't know, like Nintendo products and know they will enjoy these two games. The author probably thinks they are stupid anyway for buying a Wii. Note that Sega fans are still very loyal and wish for a return of their hardware. These old companies had a charm becuase they were sofgtware and hardware companies. Sony and Microsoft's development is mostly outsourced and not intergrated. Nintendo fans are die hard becuase Nintendo is awesome at what they do.
  6. Author (besides restating all his previous idiocy) claims Nintendo will fall without the loyalty from the people it's currently laughing at one day. Excuse me? Didn't you JUST say you were not a fan of Nintendo, yet kno you imply they need you. No, Nintendo needs their "core" not you. You can go rot somewhere for all they care. You didn't help them be on top for the last two cycles. Why do you (and others) matter now?
  7. Author is writting an editorial about E3 2008 in Aug. 2009.

You're an idiot (I love saying that)

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:
^ What you should be asking is: How did the guy that wrote the article in the OP think of the Wii as less of a game machine than the PC lites.

That part is pretty easy. Wii has less good games than HD-consoles.

No it doesn't. The Wii is stronger when it comes to games than the PC lites. Just look at game sales.

less quality titles equal more sell for the games that are actuly good

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Blah blah blah, more butt-hurt journalistic bullshit.

Is anyone surprised anymore by stuff like this? Claiming the wii is over is the new PS3 bash.

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:
^ What you should be asking is: How did the guy that wrote the article in the OP think of the Wii as less of a game machine than the PC lites.

No it doesn't. The Wii is stronger when it comes to games than the PC lites. Just look at game sales.

Oh! I am so surprised you said that. Errr.. not. Sales =/= quality. 1$ mcdonalds burger outsells a good beef. Mcdonalds burger must be better!

You are a funny guy. :)

chapset said:
KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:

less quality titles equal more sell for the games that are actuly good

Super Mario Bros 3 that sold 17 million on the NES sais hi. So does all commercially succesful NES, Playstation, and Super Nintendo games that sold many many copies despite a very impressive overall library.

There are no facts to support your statement.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Manos said:
KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:

Oh! I am so surprised you said that. Errr.. not. Sales =/= quality. 1$ mcdonalds burger outsells a good beef. Mcdonalds burger must be better!

You do not decide what quality is. Many people would not consider the HD console libraries to be quality.

But anyways, perhaps another example is needed: The Wii innovated in gameplay. The HD consoles innovated in media functions on consoles. The Wii is clearly more about the games. I really thought that this is a commonly accepted fact. Sadly I was wrong.

I LOVE ICELAND!

"That part is pretty easy. Wii has less good games than HD-consoles."

Having more games =|= being a better gaming machine (see Xbox vs Playstation 2). And "good" is subjective, so that's an invalid comment.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:

You do not decide what quality is. Many people would not consider the HD console libraries to be quality.

But anyways, perhaps another example is needed: The Wii innovated in gameplay. The HD consoles innovated in media functions on consoles. The Wii is clearly more about the games. I really thought that this is a commonly accepted fact. Sadly I was wrong.

Yeah, I bet it really makes you sad when people don't love the wii like you do. But hey, now I am starting to get you! When Natal comes out you will start giving MS some love since it is more "innovative" than the wiimote. Cool.

I don't decide but the minority of the people who bought current gen consoles will? (48,9%?) How about metascores?

Guess what? Many people would not consider wii library to be quality.

LordTheNightKnight said:
"That part is pretty easy. Wii has less good games than HD-consoles."

Having more games =|= being a better gaming machine (see Xbox vs Playstation 2). And "good" is subjective, so that's an invalid comment.

So.. umm. Xbox was better than ps2? I guess if you are talking about hw. Then HD consoles are better than the wii.

What makes a better gaming machine if not the games??

While I can't say the article isn't laden with fanboyism but there is a large part of me that agrees. Beyond sequels that have marginally improved from the GC era there isn't much that Nintendo is offering ME as I have already owned a GC. They say they are trying to make fun for everyone,I suppose I am obviously not a part of everyone.

List of games I would want on my theoretical Wii:
SSBB
A boy and his blob *
Metroid other M *
Sin and Punishment 2 * (sequel to a game they didn't even think i should have played as it wasn't even released in America until recently on VC)

That's hardly more than the titles I would want on the 360. I expect more from a Nintendo console that promises fun for everyone . Most of those titles have yet to release almost 3(2.75) years on the market. Maybe they should change it to "fun for everyone who didn't like gaming before" Then i wouldn't feel as upset because they would at least be honest about the fact that it isn't for me.