By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Nintendo of America needs to STFU"

So.......

The impressions I get from this articles is: He thinks the Wii is less of a game machine than the PC lites.

He complains about Nintendo not releasing games for the core audience.

He complains about Nintendo releasing games for the core audience.

In other words, a typical gaming article, allt it misses is "Nintendo is doomed"

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

There's some good points in there. I don't like his writing style though.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

xbebop said:

Or you haven't thought about it enough. I love my Wii, but it isn't perfect. Nintendo needs to cater to the 15-25 "hardcore" group, as it is gigantic. For instance, if Nintendo makes the most technically impressive console next generation, they could recruit many "hardcore" game developers to make games for their console. Nintendo could also make the casual games and core Nintendo franchises. This would allow Nintendo to dominate completely.

Why does Nintendo have to "cater" ro the 15-25 crowd?  Look who is winning the race currently.  Why does Nintendo have to go out of its way to pander to a group that didn't make Nintendo on top?  I can see possibly doing more stuff for this group, but cater to?

I love the Wii and Nintendo, but only one line bothered me. And it did some damage.
He compared a Zelda game to cheap flowers. I generally accept another persons opinions, but this is just outrageous.

KungKras said:
So.......

The impressions I get from this articles is: He thinks the Wii is less of a game machine than the PC lites.

Are you implying that wii is more of a "game machine" than HD-consoles? Or what are those "PC lites"?

Around the Network
Manos said:
KungKras said:
So.......

Are you implying that wii is more of a "game machine" than HD-consoles? Or what are those "PC lites"?

The Wii is purely built for games. The Pc lites (or HD consols or PS360 or whatever you want to call them) are built as media hubs to control the living room media.

Enough said.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Manos said:
KungKras said:
So.......

The Wii is purely built for games. The Pc lites (or HD consols or PS360 or whatever you want to call them) are built as media hubs to control the living room media.

Enough said.

And exactly how does that make them less of a game machine? As far as I know all the consoles still play the games. Everything else is just extra.

^ What you should be asking is: How did the guy that wrote the article in the OP think of the Wii as less of a game machine than the PC lites.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
^ What you should be asking is: How did the guy that wrote the article in the OP think of the Wii as less of a game machine than the PC lites.

That part is pretty easy. Wii has less good games than HD-consoles.

Manos said:
KungKras said:

That part is pretty easy. Wii has less good games than HD-consoles.

No it doesn't. The Wii is stronger when it comes to games than the PC lites. Just look at game sales.

I LOVE ICELAND!