By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Nintendo of America needs to STFU"

xbebop said:
Elifrit said:

"Animal Crossing was Reggie's answer to a new Legend of Zelda or Mario"

3 paragraphs later

"A new Metroid, Mario and the teased new Zelda... do not exactly make for a killer lineup"

so WTF Does that guy want? maybe he needs to STFU!

WHat he's saying is that's all Nintendo has. They throw out the same stuff every year/couple years to make people happy. They don't go over peoples' expectations, they simply meet them.

So you've forgotten Super Mario Galaxy already?

Around the Network
puffy said:
xbebop said:
Elifrit said:

3 paragraphs later

"A new Metroid, Mario and the teased new Zelda... do not exactly make for a killer lineup"

WHat he's saying is that's all Nintendo has. They throw out the same stuff every year/couple years to make people happy. They don't go over peoples' expectations, they simply meet them.

So you've forgotten Super Mario Galaxy already?

People expected SMG to be great

So then what can Nintendo do? How can they out do greatness? I don't think people appreciate the immense difficulty in crafting a truly great game. Nintendo do it more often then any other developer and yet they still get shit.

If you don't like it then don't buy their console, pretty simple really..

puffy said:
So then what can Nintendo do? How can they out do greatness? I don't think people appreciate the immense difficulty in crafting a truly great game. Nintendo do it more often then any other developer and yet they still get shit.

If you don't like it then don't buy their console, pretty simple really..

I dunno. I just sorta jumped into the thread and commented on the last thing that was said.

xbebop said:
Elifrit said:

3 paragraphs later

no, he wasn't. the first line is the guy bitching cause reggie said animal crossing was 'hard-core' the second line is the guy bitching  just because (even using titles he would have deemed hard-core just three paragraphs before)

as for meeting peoples expectations I think they are doing it more than just right. just go check any list of top sellers, more than half would be nintendo's not exactly ftness games

I'd like to be like my fahter... to sire a son like myself

Around the Network
Millennium said:
Ah, typical fatcore bleating. And they wonder why Nintendo fans have grown to hate them so much.

I mean, seriously: criticizing Nintendo fans for being grateful that Nintendo is releasing great games? Who does this entitlement-whore think he is? Everything that is wrong with gaming's dominant demographic is very nicely put on display in this article, and it shows quite well why their dominance needs to be taken away. They have poisoned this hobby for too long, and it will be better off with them back on the fringe where they belong. They ruin this hobby for everyone else, and if their sense of entitlement makes them unable to handle being anywhere but the top, then so much the batter: however much gaming will improve with them back on the fringe, it would be better still if they were gone completely.

Edited for conciseness.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

he have a point though, nintendo release 2-3 games and all it's forgiven.
where both sony and microsoft are spilling blood to please us.
but is sony and microsoft do something wrong, they are the first to be critic against them

Yawn.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

There's nothing Nintendo could do to please this kind of people. Ignore and move on.

lolita said:
There's nothing Nintendo could do to please this kind of people. Ignore and move on.

Of course there is!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective