By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Nintendo of America needs to STFU"

badgenome said:
sguy78 said:
Why does this guy have so much rage against Nintendo?

That's just the way he writes. Jim Sterling needs to STFU, IMO.

Yeah, the guy just seems like an irrational douche bag.

Around the Network
ultima said:
Come on, guys! This is actually a very good read and the guy has some great points. And that E3 highlights video was simply hilarious.

Now, that´s true.

The only thing i can agree with this douche is that Nintendo could have managed the Wii much, much better. But beside that the article is a steaming pile of dog poo. In fact, its not even dog poo, its more lke horse or cow manure.

He does actually make some good points ...

he said lavvy.
Lavvy = pure fail

Anyone who says that 3 of the most coveted Nintendo IPs being announced at a major conference "do not make for a killer lineup", especially when you're talking Zelda, Mario and Metroid, clearly hasn't a clue about the company or their products.

In other words, Jim needs to sit down and have a nice tall cold glass of shut the f**k up. Or impale himself upon a broken, rusty spiked fence.

On the internet, no one knows when you're dead, until your corpse shows up on rotten.com

Around the Network
Voltaire said:
The only thing i can agree with this douche is that Nintendo could have managed the Wii much, much better. But beside that the article is a steaming pile of dog poo. In fact, its not even dog poo, its more lke horse or cow manure.

At least manure can tend to a garden. This doesn't deserve to be crap, it doesn't deserve to be the bag that holds manure. It's a waste to society. It takes away from learning, your IQ spikes insanely from reading this, if you print it out, it will grow sentient, burst into flames, jump all over you, kick you in the balls, and inject pure cocaine into your wife and baby.

Sheesh, what a dick.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Well, if you want to play ONLY the type of games that this person wants to play, than you really probably ought not have a Wii.

The Wii does not cater exclusively to males 15-34. Nintendo decided to make a system that has something for everyone, not everything (or almost everything) for one group.

Its reward has been condescension -- and a 49% market share.

Finally, citing Yahoo as a mainstream media outlet is completely bogus. It rips the Wii whenever it has a chance. A better barometer of the E3 2008 came when looking at the Associated Press. The video game writer panned Nintendo (and did so again this year). But if you read the general writer, you would have thought it stole the show.

Mike from Morgantown

Remember, only for Nintendo is selling 2.5M units a "disappointment."

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Ok, I'm posting because I just wanted to show you similar articles about the other companies:

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-needs-to-just-stfu-139130.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/how-microsoft-ruined-fun-for-everybody-141220.phtml

He destroy them too, and have similar begining, "I do not hate the machine, my problem is with the company". But this time, in the Nintendo article, he was clearly referring to Nintendo OF AMERICA. Maybe I just don't like the executives of NoA or maybe he has a point.

Replace "Nintendo of America" with Cammie, then I'll read it in full....
Seriously "barely even a real console"

Edit: just read it, and he's just grumpy about lack of Pikmin 3. I wonder what he does if he loses a soccer match.

this guy needs to realise that Nintendo have actually released the same amount of core titles that they did for GameCube in a quicker fashion. Also he says Metroid was 'throwing a bone' where Nintendo have a dedicated team to Metroid titles (SPD PG1 I think it is) and that Other M has been on the boiler since 2007.

Here's a better way to look at it.. Nintendo have five MAJOR development teams which all fall under the EAD umbrella, here is what they are:

EAD1 - Mario Kart, Starfox, Pikmin team (they are currently working on Wii Fit Plus and Pikmin 3)

EAD2 - Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Music, Animal Crossing team (currently working on Wii Vitality)

EAD3 - The Zelda Team

EAD4 - New Super Mario Bros, Band Brothers, all portable Mario titles (currently working on NSMBWii)

EAD Tokyo - The 3D Mario team

So out of the five major teams at Nintendo, one is dedicated to Zelda, one is dedicated to 3D Mario titles and one is mostly dedicated to the Wii Series. Another is mostly involved with 2D Mario platformers and the other team seems to be dedicated to bridge titles such as Mario Kart Wii.

On top of that, they're working on bringing cult classics like Sin and Punishment 2 to fans and continue to release Fire Emblem titles, of which the sales aren't that great.

I didn't read the entire article so if he mentioned this point then I'm sorry but if he really had a beef with NoA then he wouldn't have mentioned any of this bullshit and just complained about the lack of localisation of FFIV and Trace Memory and Disaster, These are genuine negatives towards NoA.

Pretty ridiculous arguments and to those who say he raises some good points musn't have actually thought about it.