By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (8/3 - 8/9)

nintendo_fanboy said:
People saying MH bombed really don't know what good numbers are. I think after nine days of sales, it is clear that MH3 will pass a million in Japan. Now if you go checking which games sold a million or more in Japan, you will see that this is quite an achievement, especially for a third party game on a Nintendo console.

Much more interesting would be to see the hardware numbers for this week. Aren't they out yet?

For a NEW monster hunter game, one million is the minimum. Capcom expected to sell 2 mil this fiscal year, and considering that they will ship to Overseas only next year, I don't think that they'll achieve 1,5 mil. That is a bomb.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network

So in 7 days its sold over 730k copies, but people want to sit here and call it a bomb? Even though in 7 days its outsold every third party console exclusive game in Japan? Outsold MGS4 in 7 days? And will be the first third party game in Japan to pass a million. You know, no PS3 game, third party or otherwise has acheived this feat. But MH3 is a bomb, unreal.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

nintendo_fanboy said:
People saying MH bombed really don't know what good numbers are. I think after nine days of sales, it is clear that MH3 will pass a million in Japan. Now if you go checking which games sold a million or more in Japan, you will see that this is quite an achievement, especially for a third party game on a Nintendo console.

Much more interesting would be to see the hardware numbers for this week. Aren't they out yet?

Actually with this weeks numbers it looks like it will not reach 1 million......

I expect 80k more next week and then the game will be sitting at 800k and will probably fall short of 1 millions..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

Actually with this weeks numbers it looks like it will not reach 1 million......

I expect 80k more next week and then the game will be sitting at 800k and will probably fall short of 1 millions..

Please stop. Your negativity is blinding you. The game has already sold over 700k units and the bundle that the people are looking for is sold out. Once a restock happens the game will reach a million or more in Japan. That is a given.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

patjuan32 said:
Ail said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

Please stop. Your negativity is blinding you. The game has already sold over 700k units and the bundle that the people are looking for is sold out. Once a restock happens the game will reach a million or more in Japan. That is a given.

Bundles are not sold out, in fact they're even available on Amazon, look at number 15 and 22 respectively:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
So in 7 days its sold over 730k copies, but people want to sit here and call it a bomb? Even though in 7 days its outsold every third party console exclusive game in Japan? Outsold MGS4 in 7 days? And will be the first third party game in Japan to pass a million. You know, no PS3 game, third party or otherwise has acheived this feat. But MH3 is a bomb, unreal.

Duhhhh it's on the Wii what do you expect? positive comments? that's unreal... have the game been on any other console with half the sales it would have been a success.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

There's no way it won't reach 1M in Japan. Next week is a holiday in Japan so expect the next drop to be minimal. Also, how can you call a game a bomb after only 8 days on sale? That's far too early! Give it a chance. It really remains to be seen what Capcom's expectations of the game are and if they are satisfied with the sales. Alsoo, don't forget it's only the standalone version of the game that isn't meeting expectations. Nintendo and Capcom made mistakes and am sure they will be quick to rectify them. After all, Nintendo aren't going to miss out on sales of the Wii by not having enough bundles. Am sure they will replenish the black Wii bundles to channel ASAP.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Naum said:
Arius Dion said:

Duhhhh it's on the Wii what do you expect? positive comments? that's unreal... have the game been on any other console with half the sales it would have been a success.

I'm an only-Wii owner and I'm disappointed with the sales. I should not comment because some people would think that it is negative? That's unreal...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

I just have to say LOL @ people who claim MH-Tri bomb. Delusional....

Daileon said:
Naum said:
Arius Dion said:

I'm an only-Wii owner and I'm disappointed with the sales. I should not comment because some people would think that it is negative? That's unreal...

Agreed - everyone should be entitled to their opinion.