By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (8/3 - 8/9)

Wii sports resort has not hit 1M in Japan yet but no-one is calling that a bomb.......

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
patjuan32 said:
Ail said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
People saying MH bombed really don't know what good numbers are. I think after nine days of sales, it is clear that MH3 will pass a million in Japan. Now if you go checking which games sold a million or more in Japan, you will see that this is quite an achievement, especially for a third party game on a Nintendo console.

Much more interesting would be to see the hardware numbers for this week. Aren't they out yet?

Actually with this weeks numbers it looks like it will not reach 1 million......

I expect 80k more next week and then the game will be sitting at 800k and will probably fall short of 1 millions..

Please stop. Your negativity is blinding you. The game has already sold over 700k units and the bundle that the people are looking for is sold out. Once a restock happens the game will reach a million or more in Japan. That is a given.

I stand corrected and this means that Monster Hunter 3 will definetly sell one million units or more in Japan. The next monster Hunter game will do even better. It's Capcom and there will be another Monster Hunter game.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

peachbuggy said:
There's no way it won't reach 1M in Japan. Next week is a holiday in Japan so expect the next drop to be minimal. Also, how can you call a game a bomb after only 8 days on sale? That's far too early! Give it a chance. It really remains to be seen what Capcom's expectations of the game are and if they are satisfied with the sales. Alsoo, don't forget it's only the standalone version of the game that isn't meeting expectations. Nintendo and Capcom made mistakes and am sure they will be quick to rectify them. After all, Nintendo aren't going to miss out on sales of the Wii by not having enough bundles. Am sure they will replenish the black Wii bundles to channel ASAP.

There's a black Wii bundle?

PSN - hanafuda

patjuan32 said:
Ail said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
People saying MH bombed really don't know what good numbers are. I think after nine days of sales, it is clear that MH3 will pass a million in Japan. Now if you go checking which games sold a million or more in Japan, you will see that this is quite an achievement, especially for a third party game on a Nintendo console.

Much more interesting would be to see the hardware numbers for this week. Aren't they out yet?

Actually with this weeks numbers it looks like it will not reach 1 million......

I expect 80k more next week and then the game will be sitting at 800k and will probably fall short of 1 millions..

Please stop. Your negativity is blinding you. The game has already sold over 700k units and the bundle that the people are looking for is sold out. Once a restock happens the game will reach a million or more in Japan. That is a given.

Third parties games that are that frontloaded usually do 75-80% of their sales in the first two weeks, if you dont believe me go look at historical data for Japan...

So yes, there is a real question on wether the game will reach 1 million or not...

We already know for sure it will most likely miss Capcom expectations, ( with first shipment not sold yet and some retailers already discounting, do not expect huge additional shipments and for those retailers that reorder Capcom will most likely have to drop their price...).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Some people are just... amazing x)

Around the Network

If Monster Hunter 3 is a bomb then ALL PS3 and 360 games so far are bombs. Most PSP games as well. That´s a fact, no games that are not from either a) Nintendo, b) S-E or c) PSP MH are bombs. Though generation (irony)

Star Scream said:
Daileon said:
Naum said:
Arius Dion said:
So in 7 days its sold over 730k copies, but people want to sit here and call it a bomb? Even though in 7 days its outsold every third party console exclusive game in Japan? Outsold MGS4 in 7 days? And will be the first third party game in Japan to pass a million. You know, no PS3 game, third party or otherwise has acheived this feat. But MH3 is a bomb, unreal.

Duhhhh it's on the Wii what do you expect? positive comments? that's unreal... have the game been on any other console with half the sales it would have been a success.

I'm an only-Wii owner and I'm disappointed with the sales. I should not comment because some people would think that it is negative? That's unreal...

Agreed - everyone should be entitled to their opinion.

Everyone should also realize that their opinions are open to challenges. This is a forum for discussion. If a person is afraid of their opinion being attacked then they should not post on a public forum. Instead he or she should open a blog and state their opinion for their subscribers to read.

I personally am happy with Monster Hunter 3 sales. The game is going to sell over a million units and a sequel will be made. Also capcom stated that they are working to have better relations with Nintendo.

Link: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/12/sengoku_basara_wii/

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

I'm waiting for Dragon Quest IX numbers, it is showing some nice legs.

At this point Dragon Quest IX has sold 3,390,230 copies + 110,000 expected for this week (Total 3,500,000)

Next week it will outsell Dragon Quest VIII (3,538,860), it will easily become the best selling chapter. (Dragon Quest VII sold 3,892,735)

People saying MH3 is a bomb are hilarious and delusional. Not that I would expect anything less from this community.

Tales of VS had an okay debut...I thought it would be closer to Radiant Mythology 2, I guess the fanbase might be getting burned out. Oh well, everyone knows the real fanbase is on Wii anyway thanks to Graces.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Don't worry, patjuan, I'm not afraid to state my opinion!

Bruno, you're right about DQ9, in fact I predict it will outsell MH3 next week.