By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (8/3 - 8/9)

I think this week in Japan is Obon, next week numbers will clear the things up about Monster Hunter 3. It's too soon to make a fair judgment about its perfomance, but yes, I agree this full second week is quite a bit disappointing.

PD: 1,5 million LTD I see it impossible, it would mean that it has managed to do Monster Hunter Freedom 2 numbers, at best I can see it about 1,1-1,2 million when all is said and done.

Around the Network
Bruno Muñoz B said:
Daileon said:
MH3 bombed. For a MH game.

No.

Monster Hunter 120k / 54k (288k LTD)
Monster Hunter G 128k / 30k (232k LTD)
Monster Hunter Freedom 118k / 53k (668k LTD)
Monster Hunter 2 368k / 95k (570k LTD)
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 746k / 156k (1,720k LTD)
Monster Hunter Portable 2G 823k / 552k (2,452k LTD)
Monster Hunter G Wii 142k / 34k (224k LTD)
Monster Hunter Tri 583k / 138k (721k LTD)

you know Monster Hunter Freedom 2/ portable 2G were sold out after the first week ?

Daileon said:
I don't know if you remember well, but the first shipment, before the launch was 1 million of units. Two weeks past launch and the game still hasn't sold it yet. For a game of the caliber of MH3 (that carried the hope of expand the hardcore audience of the Wii), it's a bomb.

Just hopes that it goes better in the Overseas.

BTW, what was the Capcom expectations?

This is funny. Monster Hunter 3 is on track to outsell all other third party home console games in Japan this generation in three weeks on the market. Not only this, but there is reason to believe that the bundles are being sold out and THAT is why sales are so low and will be low until the next shipment. This is Japan buddy, to reach a million is an amazing feat, and it will most likely hit that mark. Also don't expect anything close to this level or better in the West.  So NO the game didn't get anywhere close to bombing.

Edit: Actually it just passed Metal Gear Solid 4 as the best selling third party game on home consoles in Japan.

zeross said:
Bruno Muñoz B said:
Daileon said:

No.

you know Monster Hunter Freedom 2/ portable 2G were sold out after the first week ?

I think he was arguing the point that a game didn't bomb, not that it did OMG CRAZY GOOD.

zeross said:
Bruno Muñoz B said:
Daileon said:

No.

Yeah, I was just about to post this. You couldn't even get them on amazon.jp for a while.

Around the Network

i still think it's a good second week, we'll see how 3rd week wages and then judge

Acevil said:
Star Scream said:

According to Sinobi, Tales of VS first week beat Tales of Hearts one! Not bad for a fighter spin-off!

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

I think Tales Fanservice does better than new Tales IP.

so ds have :

tales of heart (new game)

tales of the innocence( new game)

tales of tempest(new game)

psp have 

tales of destiny 2(port)

tales of eternia (port)

tales of phantasia (port)

tales of rebirth(port)

tales of the world 1(spin off)

tales of the world 2 (spin off)

tales of VS (spin off)

tales fans prefer port and spin off now ?  

Is it possible Nintendo and Capcom could do a really quick turn-over recall and add some controllers and black Wiis to the standalone games that are left on store shelves to make them into bundles? Just wondering because that's what they need to do. Am sure they both know that, in hindsight but as soon as they are able to get more bundles in stores i am sure there will be a resurgence in sales of both Wii and MH3.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

People saying MH bombed really don't know what good numbers are. I think after nine days of sales, it is clear that MH3 will pass a million in Japan. Now if you go checking which games sold a million or more in Japan, you will see that this is quite an achievement, especially for a third party game on a Nintendo console.

Much more interesting would be to see the hardware numbers for this week. Aren't they out yet?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

sc94597 said:
Daileon said:
I don't know if you remember well, but the first shipment, before the launch was 1 million of units. Two weeks past launch and the game still hasn't sold it yet. For a game of the caliber of MH3 (that carried the hope of expand the hardcore audience of the Wii), it's a bomb.

Just hopes that it goes better in the Overseas.

BTW, what was the Capcom expectations?

This is funny. Monster Hunter 3 is on track to outsell all other third party home console games in Japan this generation in three weeks on the market. Not only this, but there is reason to believe that the bundles are being sold out and THAT is why sales are so low and will be low until the next shipment. This is Japan buddy, to reach a million is an amazing feat, and it will most likely hit that mark. Also don't expect anything close to this level or better in the West.  So NO the game didn't get anywhere close to bombing.

Edit: Actually it just passed Metal Gear Solid 4 as the best selling third party game on home consoles in Japan.

Different games have different expectations. MH3 was hyped, and have really great production values. It had 3 types of bundles, and a standalone version. If the costumers cannot find the bundle one, they don't care to pay a bit more to get it soon (we are talking about people that would have bought a new console only for the game, the same ones that buy new games only for a 30 minutes demo). And now there are big chains dropping 60% of the price (10 days after launch) since the game is not selling by any means (comparing to their, Capcom and stores expectations).

As I said before, it is a bomb. FOR A MH GAME.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D