By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (8/3 - 8/9)

They are trying to say the drop off is big, and they aren't sold out.. thats basically what the "WII gamer" not the sony fanboy said.

mM
Around the Network

Now just imagine how are Sony fans going to react after FFXIII launches in Japan. I want to see them posting there. It will be very funny.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Now just imagine how are Sony fans going to react after FFXIII launches in Japan. I want to see them posting there. It will be very funny.

If it looks like it going to sell less than 2 million lifetime, then yes, I'll be all over it too!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

trestres said:

It doesn't matter how much it sells... it will be the best. Great opening regarless the final number

Why 2 million? The best selling FF sold way better. People raise the bar on Wii games but lower it on any other console.

So far all PS3 games have sold worse than the PS2 versions in Japan like Yakuza, MGS, Hot Shots Golf, Way of the Samurai, Dinasty Warriors, Winning Eleven, GTA, Resident Evil, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Atelier, etc. Yet I see no one calling them a bomb. On the other hand, MH3 outsells every single console MH so far and it's the worst bomb ever.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I just hope FF13 discussion doesn't end up being shut down like MGS4 discussion haha. I remember back when that released if every post you made didn't have MGS4 praise, how awesome Kojima was, how great the sales were, and how it is only possible on the PS3 then you were considered a troll and a fanboy. I really hope we are pass stuff like that to have legitimate discussion. Despite a lot of the silly insults left and right from both sides, I think MH3 has had some fair discussion.

Aside from that, has Famitsu released hardware sales yet. That's what I really want to see right now.

trestres said:
Why 2 million? The best selling FF sold way better. People raise the bar on Wii games but lower it on any other console.

So far all PS3 games have sold worse than the PS2 versions in Japan like Yakuza, MGS, Hot Shots Golf, Way of the Samurai, Dinasty Warriors, Winning Eleven, GTA, Resident Evil, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Atelier, etc. Yet I see no one calling them a bomb. On the other hand, MH3 outsells every single console MH so far and it's the worst bomb ever.

That's the way it is. Let's all hate on the wii. It's the "in" thing right now

trestres said:

Why 2 million? Because all things considering, I think that would be good. Just like MH3 and my 1.5 million prediction. Saying this had to outsell the PSP version would be raising the bar.

And not every single PS3 version of a PS2 franchise has done worse. (RE5 did just as good as RE4, Atelier did better than its PS2 version) You must not be around for a bit, because those games have been called bombs for a while now. Some are worse then others (HSG, GTA, and DW) but some series are going way down in popularity (PES, VF, SF, etc.)

And you're exagerrating big time here, tres. Big time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wow MCII didnt do so bad afterall, this could hit 70-80k, especially if its good.

Not a bad number given the first game sold 180k.

Oh im loving the MH3 damage control, okay fine, its just a niche titles...