By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (8/3 - 8/9)

Only the Sony fans are screaming "Bob-omb". The game is performing within Wii fans' expectations. Most people just said they expect it to reach 1.0 - 1.5 million. I personally will be happy with 1 million alone. But folks are just trollin' up and down in this thread - it's pathetic really.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
Only the Sony fans are screaming "Bob-omb". The game is performing within Wii fans' expectations. Most people just said they expect it to reach 1.0 - 1.5 million. I personally will be happy with 1 million alone. But folks are just trollin' up and down in this thread - it's pathetic really.

LoL, so true. If any third party game sold like this on the PS3 they'd be estatic.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Daileon said:
Lostplanet22 said:
noname2200 said:

I know this post is going to be completely ignored, but Monster Hunter 3 is performing about as expected. To get some perspective:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17086276&postcount=563

1st week/2nd week.

Monster Hunter 120k / 54k
Monster Hunter G 128k / 30k
Monster Hunter Freedom 118k / 53k
Monster Hunter 2 368k / 95k
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 746k / 156k
Monster Hunter Portable 2G 823k / 552k
Monster Hunter G Wii 142k / 34k
Monster Hunter Tri 583k / ???k

All numbers are Famitsu, courtesy of Garaph.

But of course, no one's going to read this, so continue on with the puerile antics, folks.

I read it!

Anyway next time when you say something like that you should read the thread aswell.  Bruno Muñoz B  already posted it and got quoted ;).

Yeah, and with the LTD numbers after :P

My face is red.

I read page 1 and saw the same old, I read page 3 and saw the same old, and assumed page 2 would just contain more of the same. You know what happens when you assume...

Kenology said:
Only the Sony fans are screaming "Bob-omb". The game is performing within Wii fans' expectations. Most people just said they expect it to reach 1.0 - 1.5 million.

No.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

This isn't the Portable series. It's a completely different value on a console, and almost a completely different series really. Monster Hunter got popular because of local wireless multiplayer, for this reason it cannot be of the same value in a non-handheld.

Monster Hunter Tri isn't done selling I believe, but even if it did stop selling what it achieved so far is pretty remarkable considering it's not on a handheld yet. Trust me, that makes a HUGE difference in this case.

Around the Network
Kenology said:

I expected 1.5 million before the budget release, and it's looking to be right in line with Famitsu's expectations. Ship near a million and have little if any shipment afterwards.

And I'm not saying it bombed. Just lower than I expected. Half of the PSP versions should not be a high expectation, especially so since it has a much higher budget.

Lastly, look at my sig. He expected it to do 3 million and we compromised on a bet.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Are the hardware numbers up yet?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Soriku said:
Btw guys, bic camera (the retailer that lowered MH3 price) sold out of MH3 standalones.

So just remember guys, it sold this well with full price and no nationwide price cut whatsoever yet. And Capcom probably will release a Best version later for more sales.

Hopefully this will silence the doubters but somehow i doubt it.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Soriku said:
Btw guys, bic camera (the retailer that lowered MH3 price) sold out of MH3 standalones.

So just remember guys, it sold this well with full price and no nationwide price cut whatsoever yet. And Capcom probably will release a Best version later for more sales.

It seems the price cut worked!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Kenology said:

Lastly, look at my sig. He expected it to do 3 million and we compromised on a bet.