By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (8/3 - 8/9)

Egghead said:
I really hope Capcom have learnt a lesson or two by not going with the PS3...

Yeah of course they will learn a lesson. They have learnt how to not lose money. If you really think MH3 would have sold more on PS3 then you are even more ignorant than your earlier posts suggest.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

lol I just can't believe it. Now people are claiming that it was a bad thing... that capcom should've stick with the ps3 hahahaha like it would've sold better. MH-Tri already sold better than MGS4. Smart choice by capcom actually.

LOL!!!!!

Egghead said:
sc94597 said:
Egghead said:
Soriku said:
I don't see how MC2 sales are good but MH3 is bad...

If MCII sales are bad, what does that make Fragile sales = S

That makes absolutely no sense. Fragile isn't a sequel to a big name franchise.  Isn't the point of the argument that the people who think MH3 bombed "it didn't sell as good as other titles in the series, bombz"

I know, userbase has nothing to do with it.

Thats why Eternal Sonata on PS3 outsold Fragile.

Well fragile is a much more niche game  than Eternal Sonata. To argue that a different of a few 1,000 has something to do with userbase is laugable.

@Your other post     LOL! You actually believe that this game would have sold more on PS3? Also you believe that it would make a better profit with the developement costs it would have? To be honest, I doubt the game would even have been released yet.

Yes a late port on a far less popular system is so much more likely to beat an original game on the most popular home console in the region.

Maynard_Tool said:
lol I just can't believe it. Now people are claiming that it was a bad thing... that capcom should've stick with the ps3 hahahaha like it would've sold better. MH-Tri already sold better than MGS4. Smart choice by capcom actually.

LOL!!!!!

They had to go for the most popular system which unfortunately has by far the weakest hardware.

If it was on the PS3, they couldve still sold good volumes as it wouldve been a killer app on the size of Yakuza 3, Resident Evil 5 and yes, even MGS4. Most importantly, they would have the processing power to make the game they way they see fit, instead of around limitations.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
This thread is cool and all, but you guys shoulc check the GAF thread (Media Create thread) discussing this. Two mods think it was a bomb. Yes, mods. Can you believe thaf? But thankfully most people in that thread have some common sense.

I'd say that this thread is even. This last page has had only one person think it's a bomb. (egghead)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Egghead said:
Yes a late port on a far less popular system is so much more likely to beat an original game on the most popular home console in the region.

Yes because the game was much more popular to start with, and much less niche. Eternal Sonata outsold PS2 and DS games, that doesn't mean that it sells games better than those other two. Also this is getting off topic, fragile has been done with and I remember having the same discussion with you months ago. Let's get back to MHT

Egghead said:
Maynard_Tool said:

LOL!!!!!

They had to go for the most popular system which unfortunately has by far the weakest hardware.

If it was on the PS3, they couldve still sold good volumes as it wouldve been a killer app on the size of Yakuza 3, Resident Evil 5 and yes, even MGS4. Most importantly, they would have the processing power to make the game they way they see fit, instead of around limitations.

Please, stop it. You are just.... i can't say it 'cause i'll probably get ban =) so, just drop it dude. Just for your information, MH-Tri already surpassed MGS4 in japan. So yeah... i don't know how it would be better to spend WAY more money to develope the game on the ps3, and sell less. Like i say.... drop it

So you are basically saying MH3 should have came out on PS3, sold 4 or 500,000 copies and cost millions to make thus losing Capcom millions of pounds instead of coming out on the Wii, costing less than half the price to make and then selling in excess of a million copies. Yeah, that would really be a smart business move for Capcom. LOOOOL at your pointless arguments.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Egghead said:
Maynard_Tool said:

LOL!!!!!

Your quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. Don't give up the fight bro.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS