By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (8/3 - 8/9)

Soriku said:
Egghead, you really need to lay off Wii anything. Go find an Xbox site or something, you can troll all you want there.

No its laughable how anything is hyped and then quickly swept under the carpet and yet HD is constantly bashed for being a money eater. I know on this site anti-Nintendo posts dont go down well but its just a fact, people need to own up.

I only own a PS3 at university but regularly play my brothers 360 when im back home, i comment a lot on the 360 because i like following it in Japan, for the PS3, its all a little bit easy (in comparison at least).

Around the Network

If Monster Hunter 3 is getting this kind of attention, then I would hate to see what is going to happen when Dragon Quest 10 comes out and only does 1-2 million first week.

It is hardly a flop at all. I don't get how you can say that when it is already one of the best selling console games in Japan this year.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Egghead said:

Oh im loving the MH3 damage control, okay fine, its just a niche titles...

It sold 720K in just 9 days...how is it niche

mM
leo-j said:
Egghead said:

Sarcasm = )

leo-j said:
Egghead said:

He's trying to call MH3 a flop, Leo.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I don't see how MC2 sales are good but MH3 is bad...

If MCII sales are bad, what does that make Fragile sales = S

Egghead said:
Soriku said:

That makes absolutely no sense. Fragile isn't a sequel to a big name franchise.  Isn't the point of the argument that the people who think MH3 bombed "it didn't sell as good as other titles in the series, bombz"

Soriku said:

Apples to oranges.

MC2 is a bad game following an absolute pice of shit first installment..and all of that is on the last place console that Japan has rejected (well, Japan has rejected the PS3 as well, but thats another story). MH3 is part of a popular series on the 1st place console. That said, I think MH numbers are pretty good and it will sell decently. The bic online offer, which was only online and has sold out, is over.

What these numbers do, though, is reconfirm that portables rule in Japan. MH should sell better on the psp, which it does. Most of the announcments are for the portables. They sell the most hardware and software. Japan is mostly interested in these systems now, and I can't complain.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

sc94597 said:
Egghead said:
Soriku said:

That makes absolutely no sense. Fragile isn't a sequel to a big name franchise.  Isn't the point of the argument that the people who think MH3 bombed "it didn't sell as good as other titles in the series, bombz"

I know, userbase has nothing to do with it.

Thats why Eternal Sonata on PS3 outsold Fragile.

I really hope Capcom have learnt a lesson or two by not going with the PS3...