By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 RROD Hardware Failures Persist with Jasper Xbox 360

Wow, he broke a Jasper in 3 months? I have a feeling this is user error like CGI mentioned. This is the first I've heard of any Jasper unit failing due to RRoD. Sure there is likely still 3% out there that will fail (normal failure of electronics), but the way this guy goes through consoles, it sure makes the problem look more like his fault....

He probably insists on keeping his 360 in a closed cabinet with his ancient electronics that actually didn't need a lot of ventilation.

Around the Network

I've had RRoD twice. Been without my 360 a total of 10 days over the last 2 years, and I've got another guaranteed years worth of gaming.

I'll buy another one in a heartbeat, after that. I'm looking for an excuse really. The content on this console, especially on XBLA, is unrivaled this generation, and the console is cheap as hell and comes with a 3 year, nearly unlimited warranty.

If you aren't afraid of taking a 5 day console vacation occasionally, then this is the best console for pure gaming you can find, imo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Squilliam said:
hsrob said:
9th system to fail? Do you game ALOT? If not i would think you need to take a look at where you have your Xbox360 set up. Is your gaming area adequately ventilated, dirty or do you just use your 360 as a door stop? I mean i know these things can fail but 8 seems WAY above average.

Even at a 33% failure rate for every single one the chances of that happening are about 1/10,000.

If its 16% the chances are about 1/2,500,000 for this guy to exist.

Yeah, i wanted him to say he gamed alot and then i was going to stick the numbers to him.  Thanks for ruining my cleverly designed trap :P

Perhaps no one told him his 360 wasn't waterproof.

MontanaHatchet said:
Squilliam, every console has at least some failures. My Gamecube failed on me, and that's supposed to be one of the most reliable systems ever. However, compare the PS3 failure rate to the 360 failure rate. Then, look at your sad rebuttal. Numbers don't lie. I think this is as much of a troll thread as anyone else, but you're setting the 360 up for a competition it can't win.

Im not denying that consoles fail.

I am arguing against a fixation on the error message, and then saying that its not fixed. If the RROD = Check engine light equivelent to a car and E74 = transmission failure then how exactly can something like that be fixed?

Check out Nvidias 'chipgate' problem. They have paid out $300M and the fix hasn't been so forthcoming.

So to recap:

• RROD can not be fixed because its just an error message. Obsession over the name does nothing good...
  • Nvidia had similar problems with their chips after the RROD issues came to light, they had no easy fix either.
  • Reliable data on any consoles failure rates from objective 100% accurate sources is not available. So its like Shios PC game sales, because theres no data people tend to err on the side which fits their beliefs.

Tease.

Perhaps I should start a thread saying the sun is still fusing together atomic nuclei.

Around the Network

Thats ridiculous i agree this guy is doing something to make these 360s fail. Ive only had 1 RROD and that was because of a power supply issue. My guess is thats whats happening to him. He probably has a bad outlet and plugs all of the 360s into that outlet. I have yet to see a Jasper get the RROD so im pretty sure its less than a 5% failure rate now.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Jasper ...? isn't that the latest model?

Gawd... reason why i jumped in was because i thought the original issue was gone for GOOD.

Ahh well who cares, 3 year warrnty anyways so thats that.

I actually deliberately abused my 360 and it didn't fail. What are the chances of a Falcon 360 RROD when its 6 inches away from a 2400W oil column heater over a 4 hour gaming session? Well I did that at least 20 times and no failure... ;_;

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I actually deliberately abused my 360 and it didn't fail. What are the chances of a Falcon 360 RROD when its 6 inches away from a 2400W oil column heater over a 4 hour gaming session? Well I did that at least 20 times and no failure... ;_;

Holy shit your made of win!

But your nuts!

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Squilliam said:

Holy shit your made of win!

But your nuts!

Haha, It was a cold house and I took some PS3s fan suggestions that getting up to change discs was an extremely bad thing to do with an Xbox 360 quite seriously.

Tease.