By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 RROD Hardware Failures Persist with Jasper Xbox 360

MontanaHatchet said:
My 360 failed once. It was a not so early model, bought August/September of 2007. Sent it in, got a new one shortly afterwords. That one hasn't broke yet, even during long gaming sessions. If someone is on their 8th 360, they need to stop blaming Microsoft, and they need to start looking at what they're doing.

I agree with this.  I've had two 360s, one is fairly new (several months old), and the other lasted just short of 3 years before suffering from an E74 error.

If anyone is on his 9th 360, then some other factor is involved.  It could be very dirty power (particularly mild brown-out conditions), putting the unit in an enclosure, etc.  I know about 30 people with 360s, and about 25% have suffered RROD.  Many of them have had their units for 2+ years with no failure.

It gets tiring hearing these "legendary failure" stories.  The most likely source of the failures is the operator.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
My 360 failed once. It was a not so early model, bought August/September of 2007. Sent it in, got a new one shortly afterwords. That one hasn't broke yet, even during long gaming sessions. If someone is on their 8th 360, they need to stop blaming Microsoft, and they need to start looking at what they're doing.

I'm on my 6th 360 right now and it's starting to go. Should I pay more attention to what I am doing? No, you know why? Because my PS3 hasn't screwed up yet, nor has my PS2/GC/Wii/PC/Anything I own. I take good care of my products so maybe we need to keep blaming MS and have them think of what they are doing.

Squilliam said:
CGI-Quality said:
vitoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
In other news, YLOD still persists on the PS3 on the 65nm process as well.

More news at 7.

thats what I was thinking before I opened the thread, im sure squilliam will come in and try to spin it around with ps3 negativity

what negativity? the YLOD is a problem, maybe not as wide as the RROD but still a problem, damn when i had mine, 3 other friends had it.

Because this thread has nothing to do with the PS3. That's what he's getting at, and Squilliam is known for Sony/PS3 negative spin in threads that don't pertain to Sony or Playstation.

I explained this already... YLOD will be with the PS3 as long as the RROD will be with the Xbox 360...

Its the error message, you can't fix the error message as much as you can't remove the possibility that a Windows system will BSOD even though I haven't seen one in years because thats the message that comes up when theres a serious error. The only way BSOD, YLOD, RROD will be 100% 'fixed' is if they either 1. Change the error to something else or 2. Make the systme 100% infallible.

Yeah, but it seems to be that you're making the point that no system is infallible when the real point should be that 360 fails about 25x more (at least) than any other console (admitting that even though it's possible that 5% of PS3s fail most places list its failure rate as less than 1%).  Microsoft knows they built this console with heavy flaws to get it onto the market cheaply, and I would say that the real truth is that each and every one of them (at least from the original run) will fail if played fairly regularly and they should replace all of them that fail with the green light on the power cord and the three red lights on the console for free whether three years have passed or not (most of the originals if played regularly will never pass three years if regularly used).

Also, this thread has nothing about ylod in the title, so I don't know why you would bring it up unless you're trying to troll or something.

MidnightRider85 said:
Squilliam said:
CGI-Quality said:

Because this thread has nothing to do with the PS3. That's what he's getting at, and Squilliam is known for Sony/PS3 negative spin in threads that don't pertain to Sony or Playstation.

I explained this already... YLOD will be with the PS3 as long as the RROD will be with the Xbox 360...

Its the error message, you can't fix the error message as much as you can't remove the possibility that a Windows system will BSOD even though I haven't seen one in years because thats the message that comes up when theres a serious error. The only way BSOD, YLOD, RROD will be 100% 'fixed' is if they either 1. Change the error to something else or 2. Make the systme 100% infallible.

Yeah, but it seems to be that you're making the point that no system is infallible when the real point should be that 360 fails about 25x more (at least) than any other console (admitting that even though it's possible that 5% of PS3s fail most places list its failure rate as less than 1%).  Microsoft knows they built this console with heavy flaws to get it onto the market cheaply, and I would say that the real truth is that each and every one of them (at least from the original run) will fail if played fairly regularly and they should replace all of them that fail with the green light on the power cord and the three red lights on the console for free whether three years have passed or not (most of the originals if played regularly will never pass three years if regularly used).

Also, this thread has nothing about ylod in the title, so I don't know why you would bring it up unless you're trying to troll or something.

My analogy is pretty good, you should understand it unless you're playing dumb.

Yawn...

25* this, 1% of that... most of the others... your speculation is strong, do you need a drink? Its tiring speculating like that, or maybe im speculating about speculation and therefore perhaps I need a drink. Although perhaps needing a drink because speculation is tiring is infact speculation about the exertion required of speculation.

Are you following me? Because I think my speculation and your speculation can get together some time, do two speculations make a logical argument? I mean without good hard data, then its just speculation right?

YLOD deserves to be in this thread! Its about error messages which never go away, so it can be chalked up there with BSOD and RROD because so long as the console, Xbox 360 and PS3 and the operating system Windows are with us they will always exist.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Squilliam said:

Its just that you percieve it as a jab. The OP was that RROD still persists, I was merely countering that YLOD still exists, so what?

RRoD just exists a lot more.  There was that report from the hardware repair firm a ways back that had the failure rate at 16% for 360,  and <1% for PS3; both numbers are likely out of date.  Anecdotally, 360 owners on this site seem to say much more often that they've been through 2+ 360s due to hardware problems.

Don't obfuscate with crap hypotheticals.  Per year, a higher percentage of 360s break.  Much higher.

Even if it exists more, so what? RROD exists, YLOD exists. They will cease to exist only when the consoles are 100% infallible.

114,000  results for ylod
736,000 results for rrod
google

sure just buy a system that is flawed aswel as an OS that is buggy as hell, yoohay for M$

Around the Network
Epke said:
Squilliam said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Squilliam said:

Its just that you percieve it as a jab. The OP was that RROD still persists, I was merely countering that YLOD still exists, so what?

RRoD just exists a lot more.  There was that report from the hardware repair firm a ways back that had the failure rate at 16% for 360,  and <1% for PS3; both numbers are likely out of date.  Anecdotally, 360 owners on this site seem to say much more often that they've been through 2+ 360s due to hardware problems.

Don't obfuscate with crap hypotheticals.  Per year, a higher percentage of 360s break.  Much higher.

Even if it exists more, so what? RROD exists, YLOD exists. They will cease to exist only when the consoles are 100% infallible.

114,000  results for ylod
736,000 results for rrod
google

sure just buy a system that is flawed aswel as an OS that is buggy as hell, yoohay for M$

I'll pretend that you didn't just insult your own intelligence for a moment...

baahahahahahahaha

sorry, I couldn't.

Now, seriously... im pretending harder now!

1,630,000 results for Sony rocks

54,700,000 results for Microsoft rocks

Therefore Microsoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
MidnightRider85 said:
Squilliam said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yawn...

25* this, 1% of that... most of the others... your speculation is strong, do you need a drink? Its tiring speculating like that, or maybe im speculating about speculation and therefore perhaps I need a drink. Although perhaps needing a drink because speculation is tiring is infact speculation about the exertion required of speculation.

Are you following me? Because I think my speculation and your speculation can get together some time, do two speculations make a logical argument? I mean without good hard data, then its just speculation right?

YLOD deserves to be in this thread! Its about error messages which never go away, so it can be chalked up there with BSOD and RROD because so long as the console, Xbox 360 and PS3 and the operating system Windows are with us they will always exist.

No, this thread is about the point that if you use your 360 very much at all it will eventually fry itself internally and even though its proponents say the problems will be fixed with each new chip set and motherboard configuration they never seem to be.

There are people buying Jaspers off of ebay for $20.00 more than the store price simply because they think jasper guarantees their 360's against the original problems, but they continue to persist according to the op.

Squill.. thats your second failpost in a short amout of time. Your starting to slip mate.

MidnightRider85 said:
Squilliam said:

Yawn...

No, this thread is about the point that if you use your 360 very much at all it will eventually fry itself internally and even though its proponents say the problems will be fixed with each new chip set and motherboard configuration they never seem to be.

There are people buying Jaspers off of ebay for $20.00 more than the store price simply because they think jasper guarantees their 360's against the original problems, but they continue to persist according to the op.

Actually this thread is about grinding an axe against the soft plastic of the Xbox 360s chassis. I think you fail to understand the true meaning here.

There were also people who paid 2-3* the launch price of the PS3 on ebay and yet the console itself was piled high in the show rooms, do you want to talk about that side of ebay as well? Like I said many many many many many times, the RROD 'issue' isn't going to go away because its a fixation on the error message itself. It doesn't matter how I explain it, sometimes I feel that people who don't own an Xbox 360 who come into the Microsoft forums lose all sentience and become like crabs or sea urchins.

Do you enjoy going around in circles? I have this box with the label 'open other end' printed on the top and bottom. If I gave that to you, I think we could dispense with this whole argument and you could get busy if you know what I mean.

Tease.

MAFKKA said:
Squill.. thats your second failpost in a short amout of time. Your starting to slip mate.

When theres a fail, theres a way. You know, theres the ghost of a tattoo artist who writes fail onto your soul every time you say that to someone else. You may not believe it, but I do and its something which I believe in very strongly.

Tease.