By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 RROD Hardware Failures Persist with Jasper Xbox 360

Every revision since launch has reduced the error rate but if we were to listen to the comments posted here you would not think anything had changed since the orginal problem.

The anecdotal evidence is as we have no hard evidence is the Jasper model is the most reliable yet. How reliable I do not know but it is not 33% more likely it is down to the 3-5%.

Like any hardware it is entirely possible that the PS3 will develop a stress related fault some years down the line but as yet has not developed or only shows on heavily used consoles. Equally likely is of course it will not.

The simple fact is even if we believe the op rant, the Jasper is more reliable and the 360 will probably continue to be become more reliable.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network

I can't believe you guys are ganging up on Squilliam when you all know this thread was flame bait from the start. You guys get on Squilliam while letting the OP remain unscathed. It's unbelievable!

This site has truly gone awry and I wish the mods would start closing these ridiculous flame bait threads.

Edit: Funny that while RROD persists in the fabricated minds of some, PS3 is still 8 million behind and counting. And thats a FACT!

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

I am going to buy a X360... I think this is not true... Jasper is OK... I have friends playing and it´s 100% no RROD...

So... I think we need to keep cool around this topic... X360 is stable now..

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Wow, your famous then as hardly anyone has had a Jasper fail on them to date, I would also say you must be doing something very wrong to be on your 9th console, I'm still on my first (falcon), also got a jasper too, never gets hot, fans never come on full, problem free gamin for me!

kibebr said:
I am going to buy a X360... I think this is not true... Jasper is OK... I have friends playing and it´s 100% no RROD...

Are you sure it's stable now ? I wish we a the proof cause I planned to buy a new console between PS3-Xbox 360 and that a major factor in that case.

Around the Network

Jasper's reliability rate is significantly better than previous models, if people want to be in denial then fine. Also the PS3 failure rate is significantly higher than the 1% people on here seem to be deluded into thinking. I would also add that if you have a type 1 laser failure on the PS3 then good luck getting a laser as they're no longer manufactured.

In my experience my 360 RROD after 2 years of service, the last 5 months of that period it had been heavily used for around 8 hours per day. My PS3 isn't without it's problems either, it takes around 3-4 minutes to start a DVD (just sits on a black screen) and it has now started kicking the fans up to full speed fter 20 minutes of watching a film. I fully expect the system will YLOD in the near future if I carry on using it but I intend to strip it down and apply new thermal paste before it gets to that stage. I did also have a Wii I bought brand new last year that had no display output too.

If we take my experience as standard like most fanboys in here are doing with the OP then all 3 consoles have very high failure rates, this is absurd of course though.

The Wii suffers with being a console aimed at younger gamers and as a result we frequently get consoles in that are faulty for no reason other than they have all manner of items inserted into the slot drive.

The PS3 has the YLOD and laser failures.

The 360 suffers with RROD, E74, drawer faults on Toshiba drives, disk scratching due to dirty drives and occasional laser faults.

In summary it's Wii -> PS3 --------> 360 when it comes to reliability.

sly777 said:
kibebr said:

Are you sure it's stable now ? I wish we a the proof cause I planned to buy a new console between PS3-Xbox 360 and that a major factor in that case.

Im sure its stable.

An Xbox 360 uses half the power under load that it did from launch, which means bye to the overheating meme.

Any console can break, we get reports of both Xbox 360s and PS3s breaking here. We hardly get reports of Xbox 360s breaking and leaving the owner out of pocket. Also the number of reports have declined in spite of an increase in the number of people here with Xbox 360s. Furthermore theres that Neogaf thread which tallies the number of failures due to RROD per month and from what I remember there was a sharp drop off with Falcon and we're one revision past that. The best we have are the anecdotes and the anecdotes are all pointing to a positive improvement.

If you're truely concerned, you could install every game and remove the final major weakness from the equation which is the DVD drive.

Tease.

Here is evidence that Jasper's continue to get rrod:

MidnightRider85 said:

I think your post is evidence of something else, have you finished opening the box I gave you?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
MidnightRider85 said:

I think your post is evidence of something else, have you finished opening the box I gave you?

You didn't give me a box.  I guess that statement just shows that you don't have any more credibility than the videos I posted.