By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 RROD Hardware Failures Persist with Jasper Xbox 360

Get over it.

Around the Network
sguy78 said:
Get over it.

Nope. Because the console's reliability is still a big issue.   

Well, I'm glad I didn't buy that. People have been selling 360's labeled as Jaspers on ebay with Buy It Now prices of $219 for Arcades and $319 for Pros. I guess where 360's are concerned you just have to buy one and then buy the 3 year warranty, and hope yours doesn't run out after that.

MidnightRider85 said:
Well, I'm glad I didn't buy that. People have been selling 360's labeled as Jaspers on ebay with Buy It Now prices of $219 for Arcades and $319 for Pros. I guess where 360's are concerned you just have to buy one and then buy the 3 year warranty, and hope yours doesn't run out after that.

The three year warranty is free from Microsoft with every 360.  You don't have to pay any extra for it.

leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
In other news, YLOD still persists on the PS3 on the 65nm process as well.

More news at 7.

thats what I was thinking before I opened the thread, im sure squilliam will come in and try to spin it around with ps3 negativity

what negativity? the YLOD is a problem, maybe not as wide as the RROD but still a problem, damn when i had mine, 3 other friends had it.

Around the Network

I thought they were coming out with an even smaller chip than the Jasper in the Xbox 360 soon.

De85 said:
MidnightRider85 said:

The three year warranty is free from Microsoft with every 360.  You don't have to pay any extra for it.

Well, that's good.  I thought I remembered having to pay $50.00 with my original 360 for the extended warranty though.

Squilliam said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Squilliam said:
I actually deliberately abused my 360 and it didn't fail. What are the chances of a Falcon 360 RROD when its 6 inches away from a 2400W oil column heater over a 4 hour gaming session? Well I did that at least 20 times and no failure... ;_;

Holy shit your made of win!

But your nuts!

Haha, It was a cold house and I took some PS3s fan suggestions that getting up to change discs was an extremely bad thing to do with an Xbox 360 quite seriously.

if you really want your 360 to fail, just start playnig and move the console from vertical from horizontal.

and  do it with all your games, then try the same with the ps3.

Squilliam said:
hsrob said:
9th system to fail? Do you game ALOT? If not i would think you need to take a look at where you have your Xbox360 set up. Is your gaming area adequately ventilated, dirty or do you just use your 360 as a door stop? I mean i know these things can fail but 8 seems WAY above average.

Even at a 33% failure rate for every single one the chances of that happening are about 1/10,000.

If its 16% the chances are about 1/2,500,000 for this guy to exist.

1:19983 if my math is correct. (33% rate all the way through) Did not use a calculator.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

speak of the devil. My 360 died yesterday! i have to get it replaced/fixed