By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MS doesn't only steal games, songs too!

to tell the truth, that Ad made little big planet more Famous than the 360 lol

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@pullus

how dare you? its a fine song... if you play the whole song.

imagine listening to that song on loop for 10+ minutes.

its frustrating.

Kantor said:
BrayanA said:
Kantor said:
kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
WheelStriker said:
Get the freak out of the gaming industry microsoft. Maybe you should sell the xbox brand to sega. That way everyone will be happy once again, like the old days.

You want them to leave the industry because they used the LBP theme song a british pop song by The Go! team in an ad?

Isn't that a bit excessive?

for completeness...

hell... I think there are some songs that are available in both Singstar and LIPS.... nooooo.... theft!!!!!!  screw you MS!!!

please... this is a stupid thread.

I know it's not Sony's song, it's just an odd choice. And on a gaming forum, particularly in the Sony section, it's probably more well known as the LBP theme song than a song by some Brighton pop band. 

I just think it's an odd choice. Microsoft aren't evil or anything.

Unfortunately for you this song officially is "song by some Brighton pop band" and MS don't care how this song is known unofficially on "gaming forum, particularly in the Sony section".

What do you mean "Unfortunately for me"? I don't care what song Microsoft chooses to use to advertise their console. It's just that they were probably aware that it was a song associated by many with a Sony game, which is why I think it's an odd choice.

I know Microsoft doesn't care about what the informed demographic thinks, my comment was pertaining to people asking why this thread exists. It's just...interesting, like the Sony conference with Zelda music.

If you "don't care what song Microsoft chooses to use to advertise their console", then don't complain that "it's just an odd choice".

Meh, I like the charm of seeing Sacboys running around with that song compared to this ad, but whatever. 

BrayanA said:
Kantor said:
BrayanA said:
Kantor said:

I know it's not Sony's song, it's just an odd choice. And on a gaming forum, particularly in the Sony section, it's probably more well known as the LBP theme song than a song by some Brighton pop band. 

I just think it's an odd choice. Microsoft aren't evil or anything.

Unfortunately for you this song officially is "song by some Brighton pop band" and MS don't care how this song is known unofficially on "gaming forum, particularly in the Sony section".

What do you mean "Unfortunately for me"? I don't care what song Microsoft chooses to use to advertise their console. It's just that they were probably aware that it was a song associated by many with a Sony game, which is why I think it's an odd choice.

I know Microsoft doesn't care about what the informed demographic thinks, my comment was pertaining to people asking why this thread exists. It's just...interesting, like the Sony conference with Zelda music.

If you "don't care what song Microsoft chooses to use to advertise their console", then don't complain that "it's just an odd choice".

I'm not complaining! I'm commenting. Microsoft can use the Uncharted theme to advertise the 360 if they like (don't think they're allowed, though, I think that's original music, owned by Sony).

I am just puzzled. Microsoft can do what they like, it doesn't affect me in any way.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

So Microsoft makes a 360 commercial and it ends up getting people to think about LBP instead?

Good for LBP.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Microsoft_Now_Using_LittleBigPlanet_Music

Digg it ad bring it to the attention of more people.

This thread needs some more funny. So:

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

perpride said:
^^ holy mother of god the damage control has gotten outta hand since I last came into this thread. People, the whole damn world knows that this is LBP's main theme. I think this was the theme they used in the very first trailer I ever saw of the game. Even if only 2 people bought LBP, I guarantee you one of them would have been the household of Bill Gates. People from MS clearly knew that this was the theme from LBP and used it intentionally. Companies copy each other all the time, and MS did it this time. You don't have to come into this thread and defend your mother company like you actually have a stake in any of this.

It only seems like ridiculous damage control to you because sony fanboys like yourself are oversensationalizing the situation.

See what I'm talking about?

Neither do you, and posts like yours aren't helping matters any.  You're only trying to rile people up with your inflammatory language.

@topic:  If sony owns the rights to the song then MS paid them and nothing was stolen so the whole premise of the thread is false.  As for the free advertising, the only people who will connect the song in the commercial with LBP are the people who already own it.  There will be no discernible impact on sales.

@kantor

That video is really awesome.