By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MS doesn't only steal games, songs too!

seece said:
WheelStriker said:

You want them to leave the industry because they used the LBP theme song in an ad?

Isn't that a bit excessive?

The gaming market should know by now that the song is the theme song for little big planet. And microsoft should know better than to use the song for their "partly" misleading commercial.

It's their lack of business ethics is what makes people like me want them to leave the gaming industry. Not just because they used the little big planer theme in their advert. 

LOL, no the 2 or so million that bought it will know, the other 100 million will be clueless ...

i think more people than 2 million know The Game Of The Year 2008

Around the Network

Can´t microsoft hire someone to compose an original song ?

MrBubbles said:
thats almost as bad as using a zelda song for a press conference!

Even if it isn't stealing since sony entertainment or LBP don't own the rights to the song.

BladeOfGod said:
seece said:
WheelStriker said:

You want them to leave the industry because they used the LBP theme song in an ad?

The gaming market should know by now that the song is the theme song for little big planet. And microsoft should know better than to use the song for their "partly" misleading commercial.

It's their lack of business ethics is what makes people like me want them to leave the gaming industry. Not just because they used the little big planer theme in their advert. 

LOL, no the 2 or so million that bought it will know, the other 100 million will be clueless ...

Obviously. Four million people bought MGS4.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

seece said:
WheelStriker said:

That means Microsoft just pissed off 2 million Sony fanboys.

You've seen what even a few thousand can do to a website

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Anyway its not even the best song in the game...

I associate the Jim Noir song - "My Patch" with LBP more...

Another great song from a pretty good album I might add, and he is from my home town too.

Yeah, I thought that was better too. But it's not used as often, so it's not as synonymous with the game as the one in the ad (which I don't even know the name of TBH).

The "Battle on the Ice" song was awesome too.

EDIT: Lol, the video is messed up.

Kantor said:
BladeOfGod said:
seece said:
WheelStriker said:

Obviously. Four million people bought MGS4.

I didn't say they didn't know game of the year, I said they didn't know the themetune.

^^ holy mother of god the damage control has gotten outta hand since I last came into this thread. People, the whole damn world knows that this is LBP's main theme. I think this was the theme they used in the very first trailer I ever saw of the game. Even if only 2 people bought LBP, I guarantee you one of them would have been the household of Bill Gates. People from MS clearly knew that this was the theme from LBP and used it intentionally. Companies copy each other all the time, and MS did it this time. You don't have to come into this thread and defend your mother company like you actually have a stake in any of this.

^^ Seriously you need to tone your posts down perpride they're getting annoying. No the whole world does not know about the themetune to LBP, far from it.

"You don't have to come into this thread and defend your mother company like you actually have a stake in any of this."

Hilarious .. have you seen your signature?

kowenicki said:
@ruimartiniman

I dont know... cant sony? read the thread man... its not an original song ffs.

I know it´s not original and i´m not defending Sony. All i´m saying is MS should put an original song for a 1.17 add.