By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MS doesn't only steal games, songs too!

seece said:
perpride said:
seece said:
"Most the entire gaming community can identify this track with Little Big Planet. It's as simple as that."

No really most do not.

Maybe where you are it is different then. Where I am, that song is synonymous with LBP. And assuming where you are it is not like this, then those who work for MS PR deffinitley do.

SO where you are - whole gaming community. Most gamers don't even come online .. heck think of all the xbox and wii owners that havn't even seen footage of LBP let alone the theme song.

Where I am is Canada, a region currently dominated by Nintendo and MS. Yet even here, where PS3 owners are rare and 360 owners outnumber them greatly, everyone identifies this song with LBP. It's all good though Seece, if you want to say that MS did not do this deliberatley it's cool, but I have yet to see you make this claim. So I am going to assume that you agree with me. MS did this intentionally, and did it knowing who/what they were taking it off of. It's business, I have no problem with it, just simply pointing it out.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
seece said:
"Most the entire gaming community can identify this track with Little Big Planet. It's as simple as that."

No really most do not.

I agree, only maybe 2M people know this is the LBP theme, and maybe some more. That's definitely not "most", which makes it ok to rebrand under your own label. It happens all the time, just look at the new God of war trailer tag line "only on xbox live"

I completely disagree. Example? Look at this thread. Almost half the people in here don't even own a PS3, let alone Little Big Planet. However, most of them know about the game, as well as this song's presence in it. Thew knew this before this thread was created. Hell, most of them don't even claim that MS did not deliberately take this from LBP. I'm sorry guys, but that's all for a few hours from Perpride!

theprof00 said:
@akvod,
right, so it's perfectly fine to make a mobster movie using the same song. That's what I'm saying.

Remember being upset when I saw this =(

Awesome fucking movie.

Kantor said:
BladeOfGod said:
seece said:
WheelStriker said:

You want them to leave the industry because they used the LBP theme song in an ad?

Isn't that a bit excessive?

The gaming market should know by now that the song is the theme song for little big planet. And microsoft should know better than to use the song for their "partly" misleading commercial.

It's their lack of business ethics is what makes people like me want them to leave the gaming industry. Not just because they used the little big planer theme in their advert. 

LOL, no the 2 or so million that bought it will know, the other 100 million will be clueless ...

i think more people than 2 million know The Game Of The Year 2008

Obviously. Four million people bought MGS4.

LBP won more awards than MGS4

perpride said:
seece said:
perpride said:
seece said:

No really most do not.

Maybe where you are it is different then. Where I am, that song is synonymous with LBP. And assuming where you are it is not like this, then those who work for MS PR deffinitley do.

SO where you are - whole gaming community. Most gamers don't even come online .. heck think of all the xbox and wii owners that havn't even seen footage of LBP let alone the theme song.

Where I am is Canada, a region currently dominated by Nintendo and MS. Yet even here, where PS3 owners are rare and 360 owners outnumber them greatly, everyone identifies this song with LBP. It's all good though Seece, if you want to say that MS did not do this deliberatley it's cool, but I have yet to see you make this claim. So I am going to assume that you agree with me. MS did this intentionally, and did it knowing who/what they were taking it off of. It's business, I have no problem with it, just simply pointing it out.

Remember being upset when I saw this =(

Awesome fucking movie.

Edit: Reposting, incase people miss it from last page.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
This thread needs some more funny. So:

That video is awesome! how come i've never ever seen it before?!?!

perpride said:
seece said:
perpride said:
seece said:

No really most do not.

Exactly where have I said it wasn't deliberate? no I'm just refuting your point the whole gaming community knows the LBP theme, and you don't know every single gamer in Canada so stop generalising. You know a handful of people that own the game, nowhere near enough to say "every gamer knows the LBP theme" whereas I can say most people don't know the LBP because thats logical, heck only 2% of the gaming community have experienced LBP how the heck will the rest know the theme tune? I don't even remember seeing an advert for it ...

perpride said:
theprof00 said:
seece said:

No really most do not.

I agree, only maybe 2M people know this is the LBP theme, and maybe some more. That's definitely not "most", which makes it ok to rebrand under your own label. It happens all the time, just look at the new God of war trailer tag line "only on xbox live"

I completely disagree. Example? Look at this thread. Almost half the people in here don't even own a PS3, let alone Little Big Planet. However, most of them know about the game, as well as this song's presence in it. Thew knew this before this thread was created. Hell, most of them don't even claim that MS did not deliberately take this from LBP. I'm sorry guys, but that's all for a few hours from Perpride!

I know, i was being sarcastic.

its true you can connect your xbox for free, but you cant use LIVE with out forking over some money.

@ theproff00 - Nice, I should have known ;)
@ Seece - Actually dude, to be honest, I only know maybe 1 person (IN PERSON) other than me who owns LBP. But I know a hell of a lot more people who can identify that track with LBP. I will concede though, that you are right, there is a good chance a lot of gamers don't know this (even though I disagree). As long as you agree with my main argument that MS knows what they are doing it's all good.
@ Akvod - Why were you sad? That theme fits so well with that Gears trailer!