By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - JRPG'S sales figures as of right now

LO is good cause the man behind it is the same man that made the Final Fantasy Series.

he knows his stuff, though the sales didn't do well because its not Final Fantasy, and it didn't felt like anything like a jpop (IE Final Fantasy )
i sometimes wish he gets back to square enix, i dont know why he quit.

Around the Network

@pulluspardus, he left because square-enix was pushing him aside.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

huh where are the DS numbers bud??? seriously no one factors in the handhelds which is where their dominent right now. Pokemon, DQIX and monster hunter are the top dogs right now. Get ur facts straight

@reaver_x, thats because all the games listed are for the 360. if i was doing a gaming discussion thread then all platforms sales for jrpg's would be in their, but this is a only jrpg's 360 talk.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ToV deserves the most sales, since its the best of the bunch. LO I believe sold on Sakaguchi's fame and being a 'spiritual' successor to FF. But its sales numbers are far from impressive for such a fame. LO was disappointing in the end, so it could be gamers realized that from reviews and other gamers and didn't buy it.

Grinding can be fun, too much is boring. All RPGs require some grinding if you want more money, synthesis items or do optional quests. Grinding just for leveling up is either a) bad implementation from the devs, b) post-end bosses are challenging or c) gamer is not good / did not correctly invest the money and/or levels he acquired.

Around the Network
reaver_x said:
huh where are the DS numbers bud??? seriously no one factors in the handhelds which is where their dominent right now. Pokemon, DQIX and monster hunter are the top dogs right now. Get ur facts straight

get your eyes checked before you ever say that again.

Blue Dragon sold most certainly over 600k. The Others numbers weren't updated in ages.
Mistwalker games sold pretty well and I think they deserve it because they are awesome and they keep the classic turn based battle system.

Nanaki said:
It would be great, if someone can post some non-FF RPG sales from last gen (or even older). I have feeling, that not much RPG breaks million even before.

You're right. On the PS2, I think only 6-8 non-FF RPGs sold over one million. That also includes Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest too.

Sure, ToV and SO4 sold much less than their predecessors, but I think on the whole 360 RPGs are selling fine. Especially so once you consider their install base in Japan.

I think Star Ocean will have great legs over the next year or so pending a PS3 release. If it is indeed exclusive to the 360 for a year then theres no reason those sales can't edge closer to one million. You also have to consider the factor that Star Ocean is not $20 and $30 like Lost Odyssey currently is.

Blue Dragon can also be had for $15 or less on the US through Amazon and Newegg I believe.

It will be interesting to see how well Magna Carta 2 will do. I'm guessing 150k in Japan and 150k in the US for It's first year.

It's just that simple.

I'm impressed IU made it to 500k considering how many critics panned it