By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me out - Am I a Casual or Hardcore gamer

I think the entire casual/hardcore labels are lame.

You enjoy playing video games? You're a gamer brah, plain and simple.

I've been playing video games since Intellivision. I've owned those PacMan games that looked liked miniature arcade machines. I've spent countless hours playing SubRoc on Coleco. And now? My main console is the Wii and the PS3 is my secondary system. I enjoy playing games. You can't label me. I'm unlabelbel

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

Around the Network
Quilex said:
Thanks for all the comments so far - do you think I would receive a a different set of results on the Nintendo Forum?

So far I am seen as a casual gamer by most of you.
A Hardcore gamer by a couple of you.
And we have had a few varying definitions put in to the pot away from the normal view.

@Spanky Good summing up of the Hardcore Casual idea.

no one is casual and no one is hardcore - it all goes down to your way of playing games.

i'm casual if we're talking about shooters and rts. i like those games from time to time but, if i were to play online i would suck big time.

i'm casual if we're talking about sports and fighting games. i suck at sports games that involve more than 1 player in my team and while i like fighting games everyone could beat me in one on one in their favourite fighting game cause i don't study all character movements who is better agains who etc. - i pick up favourite character and play for fun.

i'm hardcore jrpg/rpg/srpg and racing fan. i can spend hundreds of hours in rpgs and racing games.

also i'm hardcore tetris fan - when i had tetris on some russion handheld i played it to death. since this handheld was in my toilet(everyone want to kill some time doing what they need to do, right?) it was my favourite place in my house. nobody bother you - just you and a game.

Anyone who can play Fire Emblem X for 100 hours is hardcore by me.

Pretendo said:
Anyone who can play Fire Emblem X for 100 hours is hardcore by me.

anyone that can play any game except MMOs for more than 100 hours is hardcore.

RolStoppable said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=61590

That's a helpful guide if you are uncertain what you are.

That was a fun thread.

We never did get around to killing everyone who admitted they were casuals, though. Ah well.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

The sheer amount of games that you own is pointing you towards Hardcore. But since Hardcore is an illusion. I'd say you're a average gamer.

If you are really good at BF2, then we can talk about Hardcore.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I don't think I would be classed as a elite BF2 Player but I was ok - if your interested here are my stats it would seem I got the play time wrong I played over 500 hours, I was a team player though not a solo glory player.

http://bf2s.com/player/37392083/

@waron Total Annihilation was crazzy with the endless resource the games to go on for weeks. I used to play it at LAN party weekends in the south of England they where good times.

Does it really matter? We are all just gamers in the end, right?

@ Zezlar TBH it dose not matter to me for my sake but I was interested to see how people viewed my kind of profile.