By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me out - Am I a Casual or Hardcore gamer

Seems like you were hardcore but are slowly slipping into casual gamer now.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

@Zlejedi That will be my advancing years :)

Only people who own games from before the PS1-generation can be considered hardcore-gamers and since you have SNES, GB and Genesis games you are hardcore

melbye said:
Only people who own games from before the PS1-generation can be considered hardcore-gamers and since you have SNES, GB and Genesis games you are hardcore

Not true - my brother has a Sesame Street NES games and he is totally not a hardcore gamer.

No doubt you are a casual player.

U hardly have any games for the PC (only Battlefield and a couple of random RTSs) and for Wii u have mostly very casual games.

I'd say it even was casual of you to play Battlefield for that long, like a coincidence and temporary thing, but it's nothing u usally do.

Very casual.

Around the Network

meh I've said it before, but here are my views:
Games should be classified by appeal, such as Mainstream, Broad and Niche; while Gamers should be classified by their Dedication to Gaming, such as Hardcore, General or Casual.

My feeling is you can be a hardcore Dance Dance Revolution player and a casual Forza player just depending on the time and effort invested in the game.

hell you can even get hardcore Minesweeper players that have a casual interest in JRPG's.
It makes no sense to me to classify games themselves as hardcore or casual.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Dont worry being casual is good. I dread the day i become a hardcore gamer

Lets see- you are a member of a gaming website, you know about the words casual and hardcore, you've played one game for over 400 hours, and you own over 100 games.

You are hardcore even if, as Nordlead says, you own a Wii.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

by what standard, Quilex? by idiots standard or normal standard?
idiot standard:
you have at least one E for Everyone game in your library - CASUALZ,
90% of your gaming library doesn't contain uber realistic grey/brown shooters, action games - CASUALZ,
you have wii - CASUALZ,
you don't have ps3/360 - CASUALZ,
normal standard:
you play single game way too much - hardcore,
you play games for pure fun and not "i gotta beat this crap on 100%" - casual,

kudos for Total Annihilation - my favourite rts game.

Thanks for all the comments so far - do you think I would receive a a different set of results on the Nintendo Forum?

So far I am seen as a casual gamer by most of you.
A Hardcore gamer by a couple of you.
And we have had a few varying definitions put in to the pot away from the normal view.

@Spanky Good summing up of the Hardcore Casual idea.