By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me out - Am I a Casual or Hardcore gamer

Your a gamer you play both a good variety of core games and casual games! I love being in the gamer category!

Former something....

Around the Network

Casualcore

now lets see, you have double dragon that gives you 100 hardcore points, some sega cd games gives you another 100 hardcore points, and decent collections of Snes, Nes and PS1 games gives you 500 hardcore points, you get a total of 700 hardcore points.

wii in your collection = - 100,000 hardcore points

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

casual.

If you have found your way to this site, then you are hardcore. No if, ands, or buts about it.

Around the Network
Garamond said:
nordlead said:
if you even look at a Wii you are instantly a casual gamer. Sorry.

I agree, unless they Wii is painted gold and has "Hardcore" written on it.

Well the Queen of England is one more step towards being a Hardcore gamer then... She had a Gold Nintendo Wii but it is missing the "Hardcore" inscription. THQ gave it her.

Thanks for the replies here is my conclusion.

I am a keen gamer of the casual nature. From hence forth I will be happy to consider my self casual.

The reasons for this are:

1 - To be truly hardcore it would seem you need at least 2 of the current gen systems ( but wii counts )

2- You have to be keen on buying games at launch and at full price, I tend to wait and look for bargains - very casual. The result of this is my game collecting is tainted as some great games do remain at full price.

3- I am happy to enjoy games for many game play hours even if I don't become an elite player.

That concludes the end of my study - Thanks to those who took part.

The fact that you even raise the question or care about the answer at all makes you hardcore.

Hardcore can play casual games no problem.

IMO, casual players are new in the VG world and never touched anything else than a casual game...

Hardcore can be casual but not the other way around.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Dude, you're asking the wrong question...
Everyone will have their own definition of hardcore or casual.
And that's not important; what is, is do you love playing games?
That's all that really matters, not what everyone defines you as.

For what its worth, you should hope you're not defined as a hardcore gamer.
Most people who call themselves hardcore gamers (yes, they give themselves the title) give gamers in general a bad name. They always THINK they're so much better than everyone else.

Hey, you're a gamer, I'm a gamer, all of us here are gamers, forget the titles and enjoy what you love to do.

GAME ON....

There is no Knowledge that is not Power