By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me out - Am I a Casual or Hardcore gamer

Understandable I suppose. If I had to guess I would probably say you are in the middle of casual and hardcore somewheres.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

The fact that you're a member of this forum pretty much answers your question.  That and just knowing about the hardcore/casual debate.

This... even tough the casual/hardcore debate is pretty popualr here and one some gaming sites, we are still an extermely small percentage who know about this. Plus your life seems to revolve around games from every genre, so I would call you a hardcore gamer

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well lets see, casual hardcore? or maybe hardcore casual. Take your pick.

Me, I'll just call you a gamer.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

Quilex said:

I am interested in how people view me as a gamer. I play about 40-50 per month only current system is Wii...

No need to go any further, you're a casual noob. Better luck next-gen.

@op - I play less than you do, I consider myself casual for the hit and miss days of gaming. My thought is anyone who puts 10-20 hours of gametime or more per week is a "core" gamer, unless you're doing some serious dedication to DDR or WiiFit, that's a different animal.

Around the Network

You own a Wii... and your stats from battlefield show a KD ratio of less than 1. And you played for 500 hours! Definetly casual, you need some skill to be hardcore =}

hardcore

You don't seem insecure about how hardcore you are, so I'm going to have to go with casual.

But seriously, Pretendo nailed it. Nobody who logs 100 hours on a Fire Emblem game can be called 'casual.'

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

@im_sneaky Yea that ratio 1:1 was a bit of a disappointment I lost a bit while trying to get knife and pistol kills for an award but failed .... so I guess my skill was a little lower than I'd have liked.

Casual because of those titles you have on your wii.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB