By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - * Virtual Console Thread of Gaming Goodness *

guys have any of u got sin and punishment on VC... if so tell me what its like and whether it worth buying...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

ii don't truss da reviews :O

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

So far I've got Zelda 2: Adventures of Link and Super Mario 2: The lost levels.

I was going to get Sin and Punishment before realizing that I don't have a VC classic or gamecube controller.

Hey here's a question, which one should I get?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Classic controller stof ;)

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Add Super Mario Bros 2 U.S., Bonk 2 and 3.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Unfortunately, Super Mario Bros. 2: The lost levels was only available until last week in Europe... guess who was too late?

stof said:
So far I've got Zelda 2: Adventures of Link and Super Mario 2: The lost levels.

I was going to get Sin and Punishment before realizing that I don't have a VC classic or gamecube controller.

Hey here's a question, which one should I get?

Classic controller is the best option for most of the VC games. But, you need a GC controller for all that Viewtiful Joe and Metroid Prime and Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker action dontcha?

Someone messed this one in Safari, it doesn't show up at all. One of the edits to the first post is what did it.
On topic, I own Super Mario World from that list.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

After a long hiatus with any console, the Wii has brought me back to this world. And even thought the Virtual Console is a nice feature of the console, it doesn't invite me to go out and buy the classic controller/gamecube controller yet. When I was first saw the classic controller I thought it would be able to play with gamecube games, but when I saw it didn't, it kinda put me off with the whole BC compatibility and Virtual Console.

My only VC purchases are due to the Internet Channel (that's for not getting the Wii earlier). I had some points left after that purchase and Super Mario 2: The Lost Levels was going to disappear soon. So... I get Super Mario 2: The Lost Levels and Columns. I'm considering in getting more titles, but right now, limited to the wiimote controller. Maybe I'll get the classic controller down the road, but right now it doesn't justify me buying it.

Ok, now some questions for you all. My last console was the Megadrive/MegaCD, I have fond memories of some games and I see myself buying a few. If I end up buying the extra controller, which is best for megadrive/genesis games: classic controller or gamecube controller?

Some megadrive games work with the wiimote. How does Streets of Rage 2 fare for the wiimote control?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Uhm, Classic Controller or GC Controller. I don't think you can play it with the Wiimote.