By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie: HALO 3 ODST won't run at 720p

ZOMG!!! Halo 3 ODST has same rez as Halo 3. Biggest news story in weeks. Excellent reporting here.

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
Carl2291 said:
Slimebeast said:
Skee, you got really happy when you found this article, didn't you?

I never see you comment like that when Everytime gebx makes a thread.

OT: Shame really.

Fixed it for you.

And what's that supoosed to mean?? Are you accusing me of fanboyism?

Halo 3 looked good enough as it is. As long as gameplay doesn't suffer it will be a great game.

Is this a bad thing?

Edit: Halo 3 is a lot of fun but not because of the excelent graphics, it's a lot of fun because of the gameplay, multiplayer, excelent single player, etc.

regardless, this will still sell well.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
@XOJ

Well Haze is not a good game. we are tlaking about good games with coop split screen vs good games with nice graphics.

Also, did you even play Killzone 2? More bearable story, environments and bots? What does that even mean?

Killzone 2 has some fun battles but its liner, story is standard macho stuff and AI is not nearly as good as Halo's.

and you  think halo 3 it's any better? its the whole macho thing in a poor scifi setting.

i thought the AI was decent.

the only thing i didn't like about the AI they have great grenade accuracy.

yes play kilzone 2, and the train stage still incredible.. AI was aggresive and smart enough, i had to cover or else i would be death in minutes, and use grenades wisely everything on a train that was going fast.

i will leave this here , i won't turn this into a kz2 vs halo thread but naming kz2 only good because it's for graphics  whores, it tasteless without playing the whole game.

Hmmmm... thats sad actually... they had all this time and they still cant get full 720p... and the art style is again something that I don't dig :| Halo 3 was never a graphical powerhouse, and Im afraid that with ODST the milking and quality dropp will start Hell, it started IMO with Wars...

Too bad, I dont like the series, tough MC was actually a fairly cool character

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

A low resolution didn't stop Halo 3 from being one of the best games this generation.

Who buys halo for graphics? I don't recall a time where I was stunned by the visuals lol

anyways, I'm not a halo fan, so I won't pick it up regardless

disolitude said:
Damn man. Hate of halo is strong with you.

If you read the Bungie interview on VGchartz homepage you will find out that Halo ODST is as long as Halo 3 if not longer if you take your time with the story.

Also last time I checked this game will have 4 player split screen coop. Anyone that is not a graphics whore will accept a 4 payer coop trade off for lower resolution. Besides graphics have shown to not matter as much as gameplay this gen. Only a few die hards are left putting slow motion Killzone 2 gifs in their sig...rest of us don't really care.

And if one is a die hard graphics whore...WTH would you have a console? PS3 or 360...

Is that..... ..... ...true?

Really?

It's about damn time! Hell yes! This game just moved from "not going to bother" to the top of my list! When the hell is it coming out!