By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie: HALO 3 ODST won't run at 720p

zaMy said:
This seems wierd, they are basically just getting a new campaign and taking an old online and putting it on one disc. Its gonna sell millions and they'll profit alot, but they are cheap if theres no new online experience other than firefight

Also, there is the Reach Beta. Making that game wasn't cheap. PS3 fans paid 50 dollars for a demo of GT5. How is giving you a new campaign, a new online mode, and a demo of Halo 4 online, cheap?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
zaMy said:
This seems wierd, they are basically just getting a new campaign and taking an old online and putting it on one disc. Its gonna sell millions and they'll profit alot, but they are cheap if theres no new online experience other than firefight

You can play the campaign online as well, with 4 players.

sguy78 said:
I couldn't care less. It's all about gameplay.

I think I must bookmark this thread in case we get another topic about inferior graphics on some ps3 port :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
sguy78 said:
I couldn't care less. It's all about gameplay.

I think I must bookmark this thread in case we get another topic about inferior graphics on some ps3 port :)

Or an inferior 360 port. Or a new Wii game.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Confirmed, ODST will chart!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Wait... so Halo 3 isn't even an HD game...? XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Slimebeast said:
Skee, you got really happy when you found this article, didn't you?

no i wasnt actually just thought it was an interesting article, going into a sub hd to improve performance yet still havng great art to make the game look good on ur telly is a correct developer decision imo. for games like this.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Even though you won't be able to really tell the difference with that small reduction in resolution, why the hell can't they pull out true 720P when "lesser" devs have been able to?

They've said since it was announced it was running on a tweaked Halo 3 engine so why are people surprised?

I expected this to look like Halo 3 but slightly better (which it does) and more intense battles so as it is it doesn't look like I'll be disappointed.

Halo reach is the one that they are making bold claims about the graphics.

Cheebee said:
Wait... so Halo 3 isn't even an HD game...? XD

As far as that goes, neither are most games on the PS3 or 360.

NO NO, NO NO NO.