By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie: HALO 3 ODST won't run at 720p

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Cheebee said:
Wait... so Halo 3 isn't even an HD game...? XD

As far as that goes, neither are most games on the PS3 or 360.

Yeah I know, but still. It's Halo! :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Damnit though. I just spent 2000 dollhairs on a new high end 46er from the(epically superior) brand Samsung....and I'll be damned if this takes advantage of that monstrous splurge.

I blame this devostating turn o' evens on CGI-Quality and his spoony bard like divinations.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Damnit though. I just spent 2000 dollhairs on a new high end 46er from the(epically superior) brand Samsung....and I'll be damned if this takes advantage of that monstrous splurge.

Very few games are natively 1080P. Only MGS 4 and Wipeout HD come to mind...

i dont care either, i like halo and its gameplay better than any other fps game ever made.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

tedsteriscool said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Can you fix that for me?

Mad lootz await the one who grants my fancy.

Hey, isn't Monkey Island, epic editions, in mind alteringly Samsung invented exclusive 1080p?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Skee, you got really happy when you found this article, didn't you?

Jizzed in his pants confirmed?

OT: Who cares? The game will sell, you'll be pissed and continue your 360 trolling. And this is news?

Sheesh.

Oh, I fixed it for myself, with remembering.

My computer has a 15 foot HDMI cat 2 1.3c dongle extending from its luminous depths. It is fully capable.

Also, I have discovered a 720 pantheon. It is called: Forward Compatibility, and with it, my Samsung will become sentient.

Did you know Samsung invented 1080p?

Also, the internet, and sexting.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

tedsteriscool said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

MGS4 is native 720P and upscaled to 1080P...just like all xbox360 games are upscaled to 1080p if your TV supports it so you have nothing to cry about Zen. Even if you don't use HDMI but component or VGA xbox360 can upscale to 1080p...

disolitude said:
Damn man. Hate of halo is strong with you.

If you read the Bungie interview on VGchartz homepage you will find out that Halo ODST is as long as Halo 3 if not longer if you take your time with the story.

Also last time I checked this game will have 4 player split screen coop. Anyone that is not a graphics whore will accept a 4 payer coop trade off for lower resolution. Besides graphics have shown to not matter as much as gameplay this gen. Only a few die hards are left putting slow motion Killzone 2 gifs in their sig...rest of us don't really care.

And if one is a die hard graphics whore...WTH would you have a console? PS3 or 360...

You don't have to be a total graphics whore to want and appreciate good graphics. And spare us the "graphics don't matter" motto, that's not even valid for the Wii these days, so c'mon... If the game has 4-split screen that's ok if it runs at lower res on that mode, the thing is the main game is the one running at 640p, so really there's no trade off, it's just plain poor. Halo 3 is a 2 year old game which in 2007 looked just a little better than 2004 Halo 2, so basically Halo ODST has 2004 enhanced graphics. Big deal or not for the game? that's a total different argument, but it will certainly look dated.

The said:
disolitude said:
Damn man. Hate of halo is strong with you.

If you read the Bungie interview on VGchartz homepage you will find out that Halo ODST is as long as Halo 3 if not longer if you take your time with the story.

Also last time I checked this game will have 4 player split screen coop. Anyone that is not a graphics whore will accept a 4 payer coop trade off for lower resolution. Besides graphics have shown to not matter as much as gameplay this gen. Only a few die hards are left putting slow motion Killzone 2 gifs in their sig...rest of us don't really care.

And if one is a die hard graphics whore...WTH would you have a console? PS3 or 360...

You don't have to be a total graphics whore to want and appreciate good graphics. And spare us the "graphics don't matter" motto, that's not even valid for the Wii these days, so c'mon... If the game has 4-split screen that's ok if it runs at lower res on that mode, the thing is the main game is the one running at 640p, so really there's no trade off, it's just plain poor. Halo 3 is a 2 year old game which in 2007 looked just a little better than 2004 Halo 2, so basically Halo ODST has 2004 enhanced graphics. Big deal or not for the game? that's a total different argument, but it will certainly look dated.

No it doesn't, it looks modern. Show some screens to prove it looks dated, if you dare!

NO NO, NO NO NO.