By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie: HALO 3 ODST won't run at 720p

Ownage on a huge scale yo_john117!

This isn't "news" to most people but I'd rather have the discussion now than hear PS3 fanboys whine about it the week after release like they suddenly will not buy the game because it's hideous to look at all of a sudden. The big news will be if they go the same route for Halo Reach too or can they extract more performance from a new engine for it.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
tedsteriscool said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Damnit though. I just spent 2000 dollhairs on a new high end 46er from the(epically superior) brand Samsung....and I'll be damned if this takes advantage of that monstrous splurge.

Very few games are natively 1080P. Only MGS 4 and Wipeout HD come to mind...

MGS4 is native 720P and upscaled to 1080P...just like all xbox360 games are upscaled to 1080p if your TV supports it so you have nothing to cry about Zen. Even if you don't use HDMI but component or VGA xbox360 can upscale to 1080p...

Actually MGS4 is sub HD @ 1024 by 768. Native is 1280 by 720.

Tease.

It's desperation topics like this from PS3 fanboys that make them look like panicmode is already turned on. Same old VGchartz..

HALO:ODST'S MULTIPLAYER WILL BE LINKED WITH HALO 3'S MULTIPLAYER. BOTH MEGATON TITLES WILL HAVE CROSS-PLAY; WHY WOULDN'T IT BE THE SAME RESOLUTION? eVERYONE KNEW THIS FROM THE GET-GO BECAUSE OBVIOUS IS OBVIOUS.

I wonder what the mad fanboys will say when Reach comes out? Confirmed new engine and look, AND not cross-linked with Halo 3 gameplay. Bungie delivers; obviously will be a graphical powerhouse. What will fanboys say then?

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Infamous said:

It's desperation topics like this from PS3 fanboys that make them look like panicmode is already turned on. Same old VGchartz..

HALO:ODST'S MULTIPLAYER WILL BE LINKED WITH HALO 3'S MULTIPLAYER. BOTH MEGATON TITLES WILL HAVE CROSS-PLAY; WHY WOULDN'T IT BE THE SAME RESOLUTION? eVERYONE KNEW THIS FROM THE GET-GO BECAUSE OBVIOUS IS OBVIOUS.

I wonder what the mad fanboys will say when Reach comes out? Confirmed new engine and look, AND not cross-linked with Halo 3 gameplay. Bungie delivers; obviously will be a graphical powerhouse. What will fanboys say then?

halo multiplayer actually comes on a seperate dvd, halo odst multiplayer is on the 1st dvd, so they are not linked.

in my honest opinion the only reason why halo 3 multiplayer dvd is bungled in the package is to bring up the value to a full price game.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Hisiru said:

Is this a bad thing?

Edit: Halo 3 is a lot of fun but not because of the excelent graphics, it's a lot of fun because of the gameplay, multiplayer, excelent single player, etc.

Halo 3 has excellent graphics since when? That game has horrible graphics and boring gameplay but that's another story,I'm glad

I traded that crap in for Tales of Vesperia.

Around the Network

Why are people so angry at Halo 3? It must be doing something right if its 2nd year total is higher than Killzone 2's LTD. Hype doesn't age, people should know this by now.

Tease.

Skeeuk said:
Infamous said:

halo multiplayer actually comes on a seperate dvd, halo odst multiplayer is on the 1st dvd, so they are not linked.

in my honest opinion the only reason why halo 3 multiplayer dvd is bungled in the package is to bring up the value to a full price game.

No excuses; you haven't changed since a year ago when I joined. Desperation topics make you look horrible, Skeeuk.

So let me ask you for your expertise: you think they should've released a different gfx Halo:ODST for the single player, but just revert to Halo 3's engine (released 2007, btw) for multiplayer so both games can play together?

..why?

What say you abou Reach's confirmed new engine?

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

I always care more about gameplay but all games on the PS3 and 360 should be at 720p or 1080p. It feels good to play KZ2 and MGS4 in 1080p. Not only the graphics good but the gameplay is top notch in both games to me.

To all the Halo fans, I would be mad and disappointed with Bungie. Bungie got all that money and can't make Halo ODST run in 720p or 1080p. I know a lot of you will say it's all about the gameplay but it's also about graphics too.

Dark_Rulez89 said:
Hisiru said:

Is this a bad thing?

Edit: Halo 3 is a lot of fun but not because of the excelent graphics, it's a lot of fun because of the gameplay, multiplayer, excelent single player, etc.

Halo 3 has excellent graphics since when? That game has horrible graphics and boring gameplay but that's another story,I'm glad

I traded that crap in for Tales of Vesperia.

This post shows that everyone can have an opinion...no matter how completely wrong it is.

C_Hollomon said:

I always care more about gameplay but all games on the PS3 and 360 should be at 720p or 1080p. It feels good to play KZ2 and MGS4 in 1080p. Not only the graphics good but the gameplay is top notch in both games to me.

To all the Halo fans, I would be mad and disappointed with Bungie. Bungie got all that money and can't make Halo ODST run in 720p or 1080p. I know a lot of you will say it's all about the gameplay but it's also about graphics too.

The difference between 640P and 720P is almost indistinguishable to the naked eye, and most games are at 720P native resolution.  Plus you have to add in the fact that Halo does that weird 2 layer thing (not sure what its called) that drastically improves the lighting (to near perfection)  Anybody who's actually played Halo 3 campaign on an HDTV will know that its a very good looking game and its still above average in terms of graphics.