By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Want to review games? VGChartz needs you!

A question - Where can you get decent game pictures acceptable for a review, i.e on es with no watermarks?

Around the Network

Canada is probably fine.

Images come from the games db. If there aren't any in there for your game, contact another staff member to help you out. Will go through all the training and stuff once someone is accepted.

You'll also need a couple of other things:

1. Sexiness

2. Spunk

3. Spirit

If you have the three S values, you can make a good reviewer. I look forward to seeing who is put on the staff.

Amp316 would make a great Wii reviewer, although he doesn't own a DS.

Taz! said:
A question - Where can you get decent game pictures acceptable for a review, i.e on es with no watermarks?

There are numerous assets available to press, including FTP sites, gamespress.com, and other private access sites. Also if the situation is desperate we can request screenshots from the publishers, as we are actively in contact with pretty much every publisher in the industry. Also many of the good non-watermarked screens should already be uploaded to the games database, which is where you will embed from for reviews.

Taz! said:

VGChartz?

For new games though, i dont know. Google?

Around the Network
Taz! said:

I troll through google image for so long.  Damned watermarks are everywhere ; ;

I could see myself reviewing PSP games! I could fit a few reviews in my schedule.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Taz! said:

You can use photobucket or any other image editor to crop the picture in order to eliminate the watermark. Is that a good way?

naznatips said:
Taz! said:

There are numerous assets available to press, including FTP sites, gamespress.com, and other private access sites. Also if the situation is desperate we can request screenshots from the publishers, as we are actively in contact with pretty much every publisher in the industry. Also many of the good non-watermarked screens should already be uploaded to the games database, which is where you will embed from for reviews.

Carl2291 said:
VGChartz?
For new games though, i dont know. Google?

Torillian said:
I troll through google image for so long.  Damned watermarks are everywhere ; ;

Dang you got quoted 3 times in a row That's 3 strikes your out you don't apply

Edit: Make that 4 times in a row

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Boutros said:
Taz! said:

You can use photobucket or any other image editor to crop the picture in order to eliminate the watermark. Is that a good way?

No. Screens cannot be cropped or altered. They need to be displayed in original resolution, and if there is a watermark you need to look for a different screen or a version without the watermark. Again, almost everyone has FTP sites with up-to-date screens for press.