By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Want to review games? VGChartz needs you!

Once again our review staff needs a boost, and as usual the opportunity will go to you, the users. If you have any interest in reviewing video games then please take advantage of this great opportunity. I am currently looking for one PS360 reviewer and one playstation portable reviewer.

Applicants must live in the United States of America or Canada. This is because this current reviewer recruitment drive is specifically to bolster our reviewers capable of recieving review copies. You are not guaranteed review copies, but we get a fair number these days and need more reviewers who can accept them.

All reviewers are required to release an average of one review per month, and cannot skip more than one month of releases. This means that if you release 2 reviews in July you are good through August, but need to release at least one review in September even if you released 5 in July. This is to ensure consistent releases on the website.

When you write your review it will go through our active editing process on the staff forums. During this process our content and copy editors check your review for consistency, completeness, scoring, and proper spelling and grammar. Review copies when available are offered first to those reviewers who A) take both the good and bad review copies and B) release consistently and quickly when they sign up for a game.

So how do you apply? It's simple; just send me a review sample of a game VGChartz has not yet reviewed via private message on this website. Please use our scoring system when submitting a sample review. Screenshots are not necessary for samples, but your review should read similarly to the ones already on the site. Use our reviews as an example. If your review doesn't look similar in style, length, or content to ours then you probably need to make some signifficant changes before submitting an application. There are no prerequisites for becoming a reviewer. You can join the site today and still apply. I will however take moderation history into account. Reviewers are members of VGChartz staff, and your behavior will reflect the website. It cannot hurt to apply however, and if you are concerned about your moderation history feel free to speak to me about it.

After submitting an application you will get a response from me within 2-3 days about whether it is under consideration or not, but approval as a reviewer can take up to a week, so please be patient. We have a lot of applications to sort through when we do these recruitment drives, and the editing staff as well as myself will be looking through the applications.

If you have any questions whatsoever feel free to message me on VGChartz, email me at npantazis@vgchartz.com, or message me on my AIM "naznatips."

You must write a review we haven't yet done

Around the Network

damn I would have signed up for Wii/DS but I live in Canada...

I would want to do it but I'm not sure I can give enough detail.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I have one question do we havt to post pictures?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'll apply for both the PSP and PS360 reviewer position.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
I'll apply for both the PSP and PS360 reviewer position.

You did read the entire post, right? Go and make two reviews now!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Damn my crappy english... >_

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I've added Canada as acceptable. Most (but not all) review copies can be sent to Canada.

Im up for PSP reviews. even more so since thats all i've been plaing now an days.

thanks Naz, Ill see what I can do