By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal gear rising could sell over 10 million

STAGE - how many bundles are we talking about here? 10k out of 700k? yeah that's hell of a lot /rolls eyes. And its obvious those people buying the bundles would have bought the game anyway (on launch week where most of the bundled sales came from)

try another excuse will ya?

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
STAGE - how many bundles are we talking about here? 10k out of 700k? yeah that's hell of a lot /rolls eyes. And its obvious those people buying the bundles would have bought the game anyway (on launch week where most of the bundled sales came from)

10k? MGS4's sales alone increased the sales of PS3 consoles by 180% during its launch. What are you talking about? That game was like a gift from god for the PS3, because it had nothing but Uncharted. The PS3 has proven the power of bundling, with games like Motorstorm. I am not using an excuse.

Sure, a spin-off will be the best selling iteration in the franchise. It happens all the time.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JEDE3 said:

10k? MGS4's sales alone increased the sales of PS3 consoles by 180% during its launch. What are you talking about? That game was like a gift from god for the PS3, because it had nothing but Uncharted. The PS3 has proven the power of bundling, with games like Motorstorm. I am not using an excuse.

Because ALL of those were MGS4 bundles....

3million on ps3.

1million on xbox 360.

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JEDE3 said:

Because ALL of those were MGS4 bundles....

Most of the reason for that percentage....yes.

LOL! your foolish.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JEDE3 said:
LOL Stage... oh man this thread is a hoot.

Don't be foolish. When was the last time an MGS title drop simultaneously with a non-Sony systems version? Exactly...never. They always dropped too late. No one gave a damn about MGS games on a non-PS2 system (back then), because MGS sold PS2's. This gen is very different. This is going to be a title of GTA IV type sales proportions. Remember when the PS3 fanboys thought the PS3 version of GTA IV was going to outsell the 360 version.....and it didn't? Wake the hell up!

Let me just say thats the most beautiful reply ive ever seen, you truly know what your talking and i thank you very much.

Its very very very sad how little some of these people know about games.

NEVER_SAY_DIE - If that's the most beautiful reply you've seen you should read Kantors then... his is a million times better.

7-8 million tops IMO... it will sell more then MGS4, but it will never do 10... IMO even 7 million is a longshot :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!