By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal gear rising could sell over 10 million

JEDE3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JEDE3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Linkasf said:
10 million is out of the question. This isn't a party type of game.

Neither was GTA IV.

But at least it was coming off of a title that sold 21 million....

He said 10 million buddy. Get it straight. No one is talking about Wii games for families.

Exactly... He said MGSR <10 million.... then you brought up GTA4... if anyone needs to get shit straight its you.

Ok smart one. Let put these two together.

10 million sales+ Party game=

What does that equal? The Wii! He's basically saying the Wii is the only system that can string up those type of sales with party games!

Around the Network

V-rock - there is nothing to suggest that 360 version will sell 2 more million then the Ps3 version... especially since the Ps3 version will have at best a automatic 700k lead from Japan where the 360 is so weak. There is nothing to suggest the fan base will just miraculously expand. 4million Ps3 version if not lower. 3 million 360. Those numbers are very generous.

JEDE3 said:
V-rock - there is nothing to suggest that 360 version will sell 2 more million then the Ps3 version... especially since the Ps3 version will have at best a automatic 700k lead from Japan where the 360 is so weak. There is nothing to suggest the fan base will just miraculously expand. 4million Ps3 version if not lower. 3 million 360. Those numbers are very generous.

America has always carried the MGS series. They'll double Japans numbers on the 360.

JEDE3 said:
It won't even hit 6 million. The franchise has NEVER been that popular.

dood...greatest joke.

GameAnalyser said:
JEDE3 said:
It won't even hit 6 million. The franchise has NEVER been that popular.

dood...greatest joke.

the only joke here is how you spell dude.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JEDE3 said:
LOL Stage... oh man this thread is a hoot.

Don't be foolish. When was the last time an MGS title drop simultaneously with a non-Sony systems version? Exactly...never. They always dropped too late. No one gave a damn about MGS games on a non-PS2 system (back then), because MGS sold PS2's. This gen is very different. This is going to be a title of GTA IV type sales proportions. Remember when the PS3 fanboys thought the PS3 version of GTA IV was going to outsell the 360 version.....and it didn't? Wake the hell up!

Oh, you didn't just compare MGS to GTA. You didn't.

Please say I misunderstood you?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

double

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JEDE3 said:
LOL Stage... oh man this thread is a hoot.

Don't be foolish. When was the last time an MGS title drop simultaneously with a non-Sony systems version? Exactly...never. They always dropped too late. No one gave a damn about MGS games on a non-PS2 system (back then), because MGS sold PS2's. This gen is very different. This is going to be a title of GTA IV type sales proportions. Remember when the PS3 fanboys thought the PS3 version of GTA IV was going to outsell the 360 version.....and it didn't? Wake the hell up!

Oh, you didn't just compare MGS to GTA. You didn't.

Please say I misunderstood you?

Um, yes. I compared a popular third party title that has the potential if it has a dual release to sell up to 10 million copies at the most. Yes...I said it.

LOL! Kantor! Thanks for quoting STAGE! I only read the "Don't be foolish" part then I skipped his post. If it werent for you bringing up him comparing the game to GTA4 I would have never read the whole thing and I would have never had a good laugh at 10:30 in the morning.

Facepalm gif needed?