By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal gear rising could sell over 10 million

I'll pick it up if it's done well... as for MGS... it hasn't been tactical in a long time and the respawning enemies are f'n retarded... I'm excited about this game and I hope it cracks 10 million cause that would justify the follow ups on both consoles.

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
2M worldwide PS3
700k WorldWide 360.

Its a Fuckin Spin-off for god's sake and most of the fanbase is on the PS3

LOL

Konami could bring the first Metal Gear Solid to the 360 as-is and it would sell well over 700k worldwide.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

10 million is out of the question. This isn't a party type of game.

sinha said:
ShadowSoldier said:
2M worldwide PS3
700k WorldWide 360.

LOL

Konami could bring the first Metal Gear Solid to the 360 as-is and it would sell well over 700k worldwide.

yeah i know that was a terrible prediction.

Then again ShadowSoldier did make a thread right before E3 about how no Metal Gear game would ever come to the 360.....something tells me that train of thought influenced his prediction.

I still think 5-5.5 million sounds right, 3.5 mill on PS3 2 mill or so on 360.  That is of course as long as the game is good.

Metal Gear Solid Rising will be lucky to sell even half that much.

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
LOL good analogy. Too bad it was all anal and no ogy.

Are you drunk?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

A spin-off selling twice as much as the latest main game...

Sound highly unlikely.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

BenVTrigger said:
sinha said:
ShadowSoldier said:
2M worldwide PS3
700k WorldWide 360.

LOL

yeah i know that was a terrible prediction.

Then again ShadowSoldier did make a thread right before E3 about how no Metal Gear game would ever come to the 360.....something tells me that train of thought influenced his prediction.

I still think 5-5.5 million sounds right, 3.5 mill on PS3 2 mill or so on 360.  That is of course as long as the game is good.

Yeah because a freakin spin-off is going to sell twice as much as the latest game (Bootlegged that from Naum). Until Gameplay is even seen we can't even make proper predictions. and my thread was on Metal Gear Solid 4 :P So my ass was right 

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Kantor said:
JEDE3 said:
LOL good analogy. Too bad it was all anal and no ogy.

Are you drunk?

No. I was sober. Ridiculous questions receive ridiculous responses.

I cannot see that game doing higher than 5M LTD. Sorry.