By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal gear rising could sell over 10 million

JEDE3 said:
LOL! your foolish.

You do know that I am talking about MGS4's effect on console sales right?....You do know that bundles were high on that list for reasoning right? The MGS4 bundles rocked PS3 sales through the roof on Amazon.com.

http://talkplaystation.com/mgs4-ps3-bundle-sales-up-4033/

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168896

Around the Network
NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JEDE3 said:
LOL Stage... oh man this thread is a hoot.

Don't be foolish. When was the last time an MGS title drop simultaneously with a non-Sony systems version? Exactly...never. They always dropped too late. No one gave a damn about MGS games on a non-PS2 system (back then), because MGS sold PS2's. This gen is very different. This is going to be a title of GTA IV type sales proportions. Remember when the PS3 fanboys thought the PS3 version of GTA IV was going to outsell the 360 version.....and it didn't? Wake the hell up!

Let me just say thats the most beautiful reply ive ever seen, you truly know what your talking and i thank you very much.

Its very very very sad how little some of these people know about games.

Thank you. At least someone understands the sense I am trying to make.

amazon... LOL if you sell 1, 1 day then sell 5000 the next you do realize you have a 5000% increase... right?

Thanks for proving my point with the NPD article. You're a real Pal.

JEDE3 said:
NEVER_SAY_DIE - If that's the most beautiful reply you've seen you should read Kantors then... his is a million times better.

what page?

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JEDE3 said:
LOL Stage... oh man this thread is a hoot.

Don't be foolish. When was the last time an MGS title drop simultaneously with a non-Sony systems version? Exactly...never. They always dropped too late. No one gave a damn about MGS games on a non-PS2 system (back then), because MGS sold PS2's. This gen is very different. This is going to be a title of GTA IV type sales proportions. Remember when the PS3 fanboys thought the PS3 version of GTA IV was going to outsell the 360 version.....and it didn't? Wake the hell up!

Let me just say thats the most beautiful reply ive ever seen, you truly know what your talking and i thank you very much.

Its very very very sad how little some of these people know about games.

Thank you. At least someone understands the sense I am trying to make.

add me

Ctrl - F - Kantor

Adobo said:
Kantor said:
Adobo said:
xbox 360 may sell more

Why?

maybe because half of the xbox users were former ps2 hardcore users?

1- MGS 4 already outsold MGS 3 so we can assume all MGS fans bought a PS3 (and the increase in sales due to PS3 being hack fee)

2- How can a so called "hardcore" skip MGS 4 and wait for the next one??

3- I love yo..err....your avy XD

I belive MGSR will be the entry point to MGS for most Xbox owners

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I can safely say its gonna be the biggest metal gear so far, at least 50% more (on both console) than MGS4 on ps3

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

freedquaker said:
I can safely say its gonna be the biggest metal gear so far, at least 50% more (on both console) than MGS4 on ps3

You think MGSR will sell more than MGS on the ps3 alone with a smaller user base and shrinking fanbase? that isnt safe thing to say at all.